Question for those experienced with piped-top soaps...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abeltran

Reaction score
Hello beautiful crafty world! I have a weird question... I get a lot of requests for piped-top/high-top soaps (CP). Whenever I make a batch of soap that doesn't include a piped-top, I usually pop it in the oven & CPOP it, as just on personal preference, I love a gelled batch of soap. Piped-top soaps however, I don't gel, as they always include some sort of decorative MP embed on top, and I don't want those re-melting on me. I have a high-top soap project where again, I'll be placing MP embellishments on top of the CP soap frosting, but for this specific one, a gelled bar would look awesome. I'm wondering if after pouring the batch (but before I pipe & embellish the top), if I could pop it in the oven, just long enough for it to fully gel, and then once gel is complete, pull it from the oven & then continue with piping & decorating the top? I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this? My biggest concern in trying this is that the piped-top won't adhere to the main batch, and will separate from it. Has anyone ever tried this with success? Thank you for your help!

Thank you so much shunt2011! This was precisely my concern (and why I was over-complicating it in my head!)... Was worried my MP embeds would re-melt on me, but if I could just do the whole project & THEN pop it in the oven to gel, it would be much easier! I'm going to give it a try! Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you so much shunt2011! This was precisely my concern (and why I was over-complicating it in my head!)... Was worried my MP embeds would re-melt on me, but if I could just do the whole project & THEN pop it in the oven to gel, it would be much easier! I'm going to give it a try! Thank you so much for your help!
I don't CPOP so your mileage may vary. I just cover and insulate it.

If you CPOP it is very likely your M&P topper embeds will melt. If my soap overheats the embeds I have put on top tent to melt around the edges if I don't unwrap or know it's overheating. However, if it just goes through a normal gel, they are fine and don't melt.

Back