Question about using squeeze bottles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
So I have this idea.... (all my adventures start with this thought LOL)... to do what I wanna try, I will need to use squeeze bottles.

My question is: How do you (those who have used them) clean them once your done?

I ask because I know it's not good to put the still raw batter down the drain, so rinsing immediately is out. It would be the easiest method, since it's still so fresh all it would take is some hot water to get 99% out of the bottle. But if I don't rinse them immediately, it will harden up and be near impossible to remove from the bottle.

If I'm missing something, please tell me.

TIA :)

I have bottles with removable caps.
I clean them as much as I can with paper towels so that not much raw soap is left. I allow the rest to harden and once it is already soap, I pour very hot water inside them and leave overnight to soak. The cleaning is possible then quite easily :)

I have bottles with removable caps.
I clean them as much as I can with paper towels so that not much raw soap is left. I allow the rest to harden and once it is already soap, I pour very hot water inside them and leave overnight to soak. The cleaning is possible then quite easily :)

Mine have wide removable caps too, so that's good to hear. I kept looking at them and thinking how the heck am I gonna get all the soap outta that once it hardens?? My usual soaping tools are scraped so clean that there is virtually no clean up when I'm done. I just let them sit for a day and wash as usual. These bottles concerned me because I can't scrape them clean like I usually do.

Tyvm for the response :)

I rinse mine wish the hot water like you mentioned but instead of dumping down the drain I dump it into a bucket and then leave for a couple days and then go dump it outside on the grass. Hasn't killed the grass yet and the part of the yard I usually do dump it in had no weeds growing in the grass. unlike the rest of the grass.

I rinse mine wish the hot water like you mentioned but instead of dumping down the drain I dump it into a bucket and then leave for a couple days and then go dump it outside on the grass. Hasn't killed the grass yet and the part of the yard I usually do dump it in had no weeds growing in the grass. unlike the rest of the grass.

Dill - now there's a great idea. Tyvm :)

I too rinse them well with hot soapy water and then add more dish soap and let them soak and then scrub with a bottle brush. The soapy water gets dumped outside.

I too rinse them well with hot soapy water and then add more dish soap and let them soak and then scrub with a bottle brush. The soapy water gets dumped outside.

Works for me. I'm not used to dumping things outside ( apartment) so it didn't occur to me LOL TY :)

I have seen it suggested to use freezer bags and cut off the corner for piping. No clean up.

I'm not sure what you're doing or if it will work, but an option might be piping bags (disposable or otherwise) with a long tip like below.

I just got a cupcake decorating kit and disposable frosting bags for this exact purpose. I would however recommend having a big fluffy pipe cleaner on hand (Walmart in the kids craft section), it make cleaning the tip out so much easier.

That is exactly what I do except mine goes over the bank. Helps control bugs too

I recently saw a video (not sure who it was - there was insanity at my house when I was watching) where the person used a piping bag to line the inside of squeeze bottle - leaving only the tip that had to be cleaned. I haven't tried it and normally avoid disposables - but I might try it with a plastic baggie since I hate cleaning the insides of squeeze bottles with a passion.

Last edited:
I have seen it suggested to use freezer bags and cut off the corner for piping. No clean up.

Ugh. I love this. Wish I would have thought of it before I bought 16 squeeze bottles. (I am one of those people that has to have 4x too many of every craft supply And because hey, ya just never know....)

Ugh. I love this. Wish I would have thought of it before I bought 16 squeeze bottles. (I am one of those people that has to have 4x too many of every craft supply And because hey, ya just never know....)

@Twysted LOL we think alike

Ty all for the great suggestions :)

Back