Question about textured tops on CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeel

Reaction score
First let me say I have never made CP soap...always made HP. But now that I have my new TOG slab mold I want to try CP so I can get some of those pretty textured tops.

My question is if I let the soap gel will the textured top melt back into the slab?

TIA

Not that I know of. My soaps gel pretty hard due to the goats milk and I have never lost a textured top before!! Have fun!!

skeel said:
First let me say I have never made CP soap...always made HP. But now that I have my new TOG slab mold I want to try CP so I can get some of those pretty textured tops.

My question is if I let the soap gel will the textured top melt back into the slab?

TIA

Nope! I take a plastic spatula and "tap" the top of the batter many times to texture when it is at very thick trace, like pudding. I cover with my lid and let gel occur. I made a batch last night in a TOG Mini Test Mold, 5 bars, of Green Irish Tweed scent and put a textured top on it. I'll post a pic to show you. :wink:

Thanks for the info.

I am so excited about this new 6/12 mold so that I can try new things and only make 6 bars in case I mess something up.

I'm going to try the textured tops tonight and will post a picture later.

Back