Question about mica and/or TD

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angbaby4974

Reaction score
Does it make your trace accelerate? Or lead you to believe that it has anyway? Seems like every batch that I have added mica and/or TD to has gotten very thick very quickly, and initially I assumed it was the FO. However, I'm wondering now if it was the mica or TD.

I made a batch of Jasmine Mimosa a while back that was pale green with a light pink swirl (added TD to the pink & pearl mica to the green). Thick trace quick. However I made a batch that had a blended FO (Jasmine Mimosa/Moonlight Path) without TD or mica that soaped beautifully.

So I'm not sure if it was the FO after all, or if the blended FO had something to do with it.

Interesting thought. I have not noticed a difference in either, per se. Next time I try them, I will pay more attention though.

I don't think that they do quicken trace .Mica and ultramarines were all I used for awhile .I just started using labcolors and I believe it is the FO. I do mostly RTCP and that doesn't help much if it a fast moving FO. I am ready to go unscented here. :D

Kitn

yeah, both these were RTCP, the only difference was that in the first batch I didn't blend the FO with another FO, and I didn't add any mica or TD to the 2nd batch.

I have no scientific proof, but every batch I use TD in (not oxides or ultramarines) gets thick very quickly on me. Everyone tells me I'm nuts and that it won't, but I think they're just messing with my feeble brain. It seems to be the COMBINATION of the TD and certain FOs. I'm sure I'll jack up several more batches testing this "theory", so I'll let ya know what I find. :wink:

I think you might have something there , LJA ..I have never thought about TD being a culprit , hmmmm.. I am going to try an experiment too.

Kitn

Latest posts

Back