Question about Infusing machines (Levo, etc.)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. I have been making soap for about two plus years. It is still a beloved hobby and has not translated into a business. I enjoy trying out new recipes and ideas. I have infused oils with chamomile and calendula so far and enjoyed the results. Recently, I noticed an ad on instagram (darn algorithms!) for a machine called Levo that seems to do the infusion much quicker and easier. It is for cooking with infused oils and butters. Has anyone used this type of machine? What is your experience? If I were to decide to move to the next level and make a business out of my soaping, would it be worth the $250 price tag? Thank you so much for your expertise! I always enjoy this forum.

Not so sure. That machine might be useful if you want to test many small herbs/many batches, or if you see it as an investment into LOHAS lifestyle. But I doubt it will be economical in any sense. If you're long-term planning anyway, stuffing jars with herbs and oil is a lot cheaper (and you need the weeks of patience for infusion anyway), and that device doesn't seem to scale up well. I don't see anything that couldn't be done with a double boiler/crockpot, which is so much cheaper and more versatile too.

Thank you so much! I'm not sure why I am even that interested in it. I do enjoy a convenient gadget, though. I don't make soap often enough at this point to even think about whether it would be economical. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach. :rolleyes:

Back