Question about honey soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkCupcake

Reaction score
I'm planning to make a honey soap soon. I have seen soap where people put bubble wrap on top to give a honeycomb pattern. Has anybody tried putting bubble wrap in the bottom of the mold? Would that make it tend to overheat, even in the freezer?

Also, what have you used to get that beautiful amber honey color?

Yes, you can put the bubble wrap on the bottom! I think it works better that way and with less air pockets. Usually when you use honey in soap and you gel it will darken pretty well on its own. If you use an FO or EO with clove or cinnamon you can guarantee that beautiful amber color. (But you'll have to work FAST!)

I made a soap using Honey, a little beeswax, and Peak Wild Mountain Honey FO and I LOVE the color it turned. .. Just like honey!

I have used a column mold and lined the whole thing with bubble wrap. I did paint the bubble wrap with mineral oil.

To get that honey color, I used honey and yellow beeswax. I always make milk and honey soap, so some of that color probably comes from the milk as well.

Good advice! I was probably going to put the wrap on the bottom anyway, just to see for myself what would happen, unless there was some truly compelling reason not to. Hearing about your soaps has me really eager to start on mine! Thanks for your input!

I have used a column mold and lined the whole thing with bubble wrap. I did paint the bubble wrap with mineral oil.

To get that honey color, I used honey and yellow beeswax. I always make milk and honey soap, so some of that color probably comes from the milk as well.

This sounds awesome, do you have any pics of how it turned out.

Back