Question about embedding?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyHappyHour

Reaction score
Hey! So I'm trying to create a new soap for my shop. It's dedicated after a friend who passed and its to raise donations for a cause.

So I have these small bird molds for the embeds but I don't want to put them in the soap... I want them like on the top. I'm just making a plain square soap but idk how to get the birds on top of the soap without them sinking, wrinkling the soap, or not sticking. Any ideas?

I may just use a clear soap and make it act like glue

I just tried making the square base letting the top dry and putting a thin layer of white soap and sticking the birds on top but it dried so fast it wrinkled )=

Fill your mold 3/4 full & let it harden. When you fill the last 1/4 place the bird into that, face up. Be sure to use you alcohol mist so layers & embeds stick together.

Most soap you flip over & press out so the bottom becomes the top, but this way the top remains the top. Make sense?

Haha I did this before reading this and it's what I'm sticking to. Yeah I know what you mean :) Thank you!

Back