Question about color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusanC

Reaction score
I purchased liquid pigment color from wholesale supplies plus. So far I have used them twice and had problems. It seems like it has no effect on the color at all, and then if I add more, it leaves speckles (which I'm told is from adding too much.) I don't get it. I thought you were only supposed to use a slight amount but nothing happens!!

What am I doing wrong? Where would you recommend I purchase colorant from?

It would help to know what your coloring? That is very important because I tried to color a spray with liquid colorant and all it did was leave speckles. Which I knew would happen but decided to try it anyway! lol

That was my question, what are you useing it in?

Is it a wterbased colorant or an oil based colorant?

Waterbased will work in CP and MP soap.
Oil based is better for lotion balms or products that have no water.

Hope that helps.
Irena

PS. If you are adding too much, you still shouldn't get speckles; I never do and I sell them too.

Here is the product description.

Iron Oxides and Ultramarine Pigments are FDA approved for skincare products. This product will NOT migrate in layered soap base. They will clump or speckle in mp soap if too much is used. They do not migrate in layered mp soap.
Suggested Use Level:

• CP & HP Soap: Amount as Desired
• Lotions & Creams: Amount as Desired
• MP Soap: Amount as Desired (See Product Description)

I am using this in CP soap. See, it says it will speckle if too much is used and what is what happened, but I had to use more as no color was seen!

Back