Question about cleaning up soap bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godiva

Reaction score
I like the unbeveled look, but I don't like the sides that I cut - I use a log mold for now - and a taping knife to cut them. I clean the knife between each cut, but it still leave little rough looking sides.

Do any of you have this, and do you clean it up? If so, how? To me it looks like it needs to be polished or something.

I found a post about it - couldn't find it searching for cleaning up bar, but saw someone refer to it as buffing and found white gloves and old wife's hose. :wink:

Godiva...you gave me a good laugh. Is it old wife's hose or could it be young wife's hose or could it be wife's old hose. Maybe young wife's hose. :wink: :D :wink:

Godiva said:
I found a post about it - couldn't find it searching for cleaning up bar, but saw someone refer to it as buffing and found white gloves and old wife's hose. :wink:

giggly....snark........I know who it is. :lol:

Digit

Laurie said:
Godiva...you gave me a good laugh. Is it old wife's hose or could it be young wife's hose or could it be wife's old hose. Maybe young wife's hose. :wink: :D :wink:

I did not even notice that I put the old in the wrong spot!!! Glad it made you giggle though.

Latest posts

Back