Question about an order...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
So I placed an order during the WSP sale for some FOs. I received an invoice saying that they had all shipped. Then I received an email saying that I had been issued a refund for one of them. If I ordered during the sale, should they not send me the item once it's back in stock, at the sale price, instead of issuing a refund?

I believe the latest 30% off sale stated no back orders. They should have had their inventory correct so that they did not oversell, mistakes happen.

Maybe you can contact them, but I would not have high hopes.

I believe the latest 30% off sale stated no back orders. They should have had their inventory correct so that they did not oversell, mistakes happen.

Maybe you can contact them, but I would not have high hopes.

Oh crap. Of course, I didn't see that. :-(

I would think if it showed in stock and went through they would

I know, right, and it was my beloved Nag Champa, it figures, doesn't it? The one FO that I really wanted. (pitiful sigh)

Feeling your pain. One of the fo's that I ordered were back ordered. I really wanted to try My Main Squeeze. And one of the micas was OOS.

Well, something happened with my order. Even though I got a confirmation, my account didn't show any orders and no shipments. This is my first order with them. It just disappeared. I could have called costumer service which never bothered to follow up on my order but why? No email, not even an automated one. They seem disorganized.

They were showing backordered items during the sale, and not allowing transactions on them. If they allowed the order to proceed, then good business practices suggest they should not back out now. But technically KC is right, they have a disclaimer to fall back on.

Soapmaker, that is a bummer! Easy come easy go I guess. Just remember it next time you need supplies.

On any of their sales they refund when something goes out of stock and so do other suppliers. That is the trouble with online sales, more than one order could have gone in at the same time resulting in the system not getting it updated quick enough to show out of stock. I was nervous with one of my orders that still posted as pending. What had me nervous was the day after my initial order and before the sale ended I put in a smaller order for something I had forgotten. I received an email last week indicating my small order had shipped. I noticed from the invoice numbers there were over 2000 orders between invoices. They are supposed to ship in order received, except the few that pay for a line jump. I sent them an email because I was concerned that I would lose a lot of my order with so many orders going in. I sent an email, they apologized and two hours later I received an email stating my other order had shipped. Interesting

I got a phone call yesterday saying that lots of the FOs I ordered (I ordered 2 sample packs) are OOS. The nice lady offered me several options, cancel all, ship what they have with a refund for the missing bottles, or cancel whole packs with a substitute pack at not the sale price. I am more than pleased with the customer service and the rep was polite and solution oriented.

I got a phone call yesterday saying that lots of the FOs I ordered (I ordered 2 sample packs) are OOS. The nice lady offered me several options, cancel all, ship what they have with a refund for the missing bottles, or cancel whole packs with a substitute pack at not the sale price. I am more than pleased with the customer service and the rep was polite and solution oriented.

Wow, Susie. Seriously a phone call? That's pretty impressive. In today's technology world I get an email at best. Very nice customer service!

Soapmaker, that is a bummer! Easy come easy go I guess. Just remember it next time you need supplies.

Well, when life gives me lemons... I go shopping. It was like found $$. I placed an order with Element. Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time.

If WSP had that many orders in just 2 days, it explains why some disappeared. Their shopping cart probably couldn't handle the volume.

JMHO, but I think WSP is one of the best suppliers out there! I've been ordering from them on a regular basis for 4+ years.
They did have a "No Backorder" caveat on that last HUGE sale, and while I may not have liked it - I DO understand the reason why from a business standpoint.
Another reason why I love them is that even with this big sale going on, both of my WSP orders arrived on the same day as the BB order I had placed several days BEFORE my WSP order (and BTW I paid a hefty shipping fee for the BB order)!!
And some kudos to WSP Customer Service...
One of my orders included three units of white oval lip balm tubes (48 lip balm tubes/caps each), but when I received my order they were all clear/frosted. I emailed WSP Customer Service and in a matter of hours I had three emails from them - an apology for the mistake; an email for a new order at no charge to me; and a shipping confirmation. I received the replacement shipment 2 days later with another note apologizing for the mistake!
Holy Crap...now THAT'S what I call stellar customer service!!! Plus I still have the original 3 units of clear lip balm tubes - maybe I'll use them for seasonal "Limited Edition" lip balms?!
WSP is truly a class-act in my opinion!! :)

Last edited:
I think they just seriously upped their game with customer service. I got an email not long ago that they were making some hefty changes to improve on customer service and I have to admit it shows. After I placed my order with this sale I realized I forgot one item, so I sent an email. They told me to call and they would help me and sure enough I got a really nice lady who was happy to add to my order and they included it with my full order with no issues at all. I was really impressed.

I got an email today from WSP that they are having a 30% sale on FO's this Sunday and Monday and they WILL be doing backorders!!
The downside is that they have a new policy of adding a $5 handling fee per order. Oh well, still cheaper than most shipping costs.

Back