Question about allergies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjb31apb

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has already been asked, but do the oils that are derived from nuts cause reactions in people with peanut allergies? I have heard people say that they can't use things like Shea butter because of nut allergies.

I'm not sure but those that I know with severe nut allergies avoid them in any products. If using any nut based ingredient, just make sure to disclose it and you should be fine. Those with allergies can decide from there.

Coconut allergies (contact dermatitis) are on the rise too which is why it is so important to list ingredients even though Soapmakers are not technically required to do so.

Marr

There is a child at my son's elementary school that is SO allergic to peanuts he gets deathly ill from even airborn nut particals. NO child in the school is permitted to bring any item containing peanuts to school at any tim for any reason.

I don't think they can by law force us to comply but since my son is not a peanut/peanut butter fan I am going to leave that fight for someone else.

With that said, if some people have allergies just due to airborn particals I am going to say yes, in B&B products it would be a big problem for some people.

Marr said:
Coconut allergies (contact dermatitis) are on the rise too which is why it is so important to list ingredients even though Soapmakers are not technically required to do so.

Marr

My DH is pretty sure he is allergic to ingested coconut, but not sure. He's used my lip balm which has coconut oil with no issue.

Latest posts

Back