Question about adding the superfat at the end...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
I was wondering ... I know when I run my recipe through soapcalc or soapee that I set the superfat during the process, and that ensures that there will be excess unsaponified fats left in the bar.

My question is- if I add extra oil (not much) to the batter at trace, will that up the superfat automatically? Or does that just end up loose oil that could cause a problem later?

I thought of this while I was inputting the recipe and figured I would ask the gurus :)

TIA for any feedback :)

Gigi, have you read the post 'advice on superfatting' which is literally right here where this post is?

TEG - nope I didn't see it.... sorry for being redundant LOL.... I'll go hunt it up :)

TY :)

ETA ... it is literally right below my post ::::facepalm:::: and I now feel like a dunce hahahaha... sorry

Alrighty.... all my questions were answered on the other thread... would an admin please quietly delete this thread and save me having to walk around the forum with DUH on my forehead? Hahahaha

TY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back