Question about adding cold process soap on top of existing cured soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjj5mra

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this group but not new to soapmaking. I'm excited for a group to bounce ideas around in. Thank you for letting me join.

So this is an odd question. Six months ago I started making some cp soaps with soap frosting tops and embeds. I messed up one batch by forgetting to cut it soon enough. I had placed it in the fridge and forgotten about it. When I cut it, it broke the majority of embeds off. I was very sad as it was an amazing beach themed soap. So I set it aside as I was busy with other things and assumed it was ruined. One day I decided to make some soap frosting with extra soap from a larger recipe I was making. I piped it on top of the cured soap, covering all the ugly spots and placed embeds on top. They are now curing for 5 weeks. So far I see that the frosting soap has completely adhered to the top of the soap. The things is, its way prettier than when I normally make the soap, the embeds are able to be placed at different angles and aren't affected by the cutter I use. Originally I was super excited to just fix the mess I had made but now I would love to continue to do this because it turned out so pretty. But I wondered if anyone else has attempted such a thing and had good results? My only concern is for the top to break off. I guess the true test will come when I use a bar of it. My idea was to make several batches of soap, let them cure a day or two and then come in with more soap frosting and embeds on top. I have searched the internet and cannot find any reference to this sort of thing at all. So I would love any advice or ideas, or possible experiences with this sort of thing. Thank you!

Back