Q. about coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaNY

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am using 76 degree coconut oil, which came in a large jug. (Soaper's Choice)
Depending upon the weather, it can go from liquid to partially solid. Do I have to warm it to complete liquid before use, or can I just pour it even though it has solids in it?

Thanks!

If it's solid you have to heat it up till it gets to liquid so you can mix it with the other oils and the lye. hth :)

Thank you - what I wanted to know was, could I use it when it is almost all liquid, and just a bit of solid in floating in the center? It takes a really long time to get it back to liquid form, and I can't microwave it, as the jug is too large.

LisaNY said:
Thank you - what I wanted to know was, could I use it when it is almost all liquid, and just a bit of solid in floating in the center? It takes a really long time to get it back to liquid form, and I can't microwave it, as the jug is too large.

Are you asking if you can pour out a portion to use even though it is not completely melted in the jub?

Yes.

As opposed to palm oil, where you would want to melt the whole thing so the stearic is mixed in well.

HTH.

agriffin said:
LisaNY said:

Are you asking if you can pour out a portion to use even though it is not completely melted in the jub?

Yes.

As opposed to palm oil, where you would want to melt the whole thing so the stearic is mixed in well.

HTH.

Yes! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back