Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lreynolds

Reaction score
I want to make a CP facial, goat milk soap. I would like to mold it in PVC. I am wondering about putting it in the freezer, etc??? Any suggestions...:confused:

You can put it in the freezer. I have found that I can leave the pvc pipe milk soap out in the room air. I soap in a very cool basement.

I didn't use GM but I did use CM and just set mine outside (was around 5C, don't know what your temps are), they didn't gel and it worked great. Others suggested to me that if I wanted to put in the freezer to put plastic wrap over the ends and secure it tight before laying it down but if the soap is still liquid it might spill or if the mold isn't full the liquid can shift, giving you weird shaped bars. Best to wait until it's firm before laying it down.

Better still if you have caps for the ends.

Thanks! I think I can take a shelf out of my freezer and get it in there. I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how it turns out! A new adventure!

My GM soap gelled in my Willow Way PVC tube mold all by it's onesies :) It's a lovely soap, though! I had some extra batter, so I put three in my Crafter's Choice round molds and the difference is obvious. Ignore the ash :)

gelcomparison.jpg

Back