put a cp batch in the oven days later?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerb

Reaction score
I have a batch that I don't think I retained enough heat after the pour and it's not setting up or curing the way this recipe normally does for me. i'm thinking it's because I haven't made it since winter and i'm not doing a good enough job keeping it hot. I read about putting it in the oven, but will this change anything if the soaps been sitting for 3 days?

It might be helpful, depending on the reasons why the soap is staying softer than expected. In any case, warming it in the oven won't ruin the soap so there's little risk to trying it.

I preheat the oven to 150-170 deg F, put the soap in the oven, and let it warm for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. If I don't need the oven, I turn off the oven and leave the soap in the oven to cool. Otherwise, I pull it out and cover it so it can cool slowly.

I don't think there's any great magic to the slow cooling, so if that's not an option, don't stress about it. It's just my preference.

Back