Pussy Bath

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the anti allergy things I used to use. The sooner you start using them the better because the dander builds up in your house.

Also, if you're determined to keep the cat, keep at least one room a cat free zone. And think about a good heap air filter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RWFFHY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MA2AYYN/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Ive read mixed reviews bout Allerpet. It worked for u.

Did u become immune to ur cat?

Its actually produced by their sebaceous (skin) glands, its in their salvia and urine.

This cat bites too. I woke up to in middle of night to it gnawing on me. Not sure if it was hungry or just wanted to party. She's only 8 months old.

Play! (Sounds like you aren't here for adoption advice anymore ;))

At 8 months old, and just coming into Winter (when inside warm is desired), you stand a good chance of being able to set the pattern of her new life as a happy inside cat.

I second a good vacuum (turbo head if you can, and hepa filter), and spare room without fur (you can only control it, not stop it). There is no becoming immune (sorry), but you can do a lot to reducing the effects.

What are you going to call her? :D

I was always severely allergic to cats, but now it is to dogs. I am not sure if it is because I have had a kitty around most of the time or 30 years and just outgrew most it, but I think I finally built up an immunity to them. I do still have trouble with long haired cats if they lay on me.

Don't let a dog lick me or even pet them I will have an instant itchy rash, worse if they lick me. To be honest the licking has always bothered me even when I had my doggie, she just was not allowed to lick and never did. Sam was a un-replaceable dog. Nothing makes me angrier than when I am out and someone's dog jumps up and licks me. Not everyone loves everyone's dogs. I have to tolerate my kids dogs but they understand when I push them down. Two lick one does not. Plus there is the fact where dogs tongues have visited. :nonono:

Play! (Sounds like you aren't here for adoption advice anymore ;))

At 8 months old, and just coming into Winter (when inside warm is desired), you stand a good chance of being able to set the pattern of her new life as a happy inside cat.

I second a good vacuum (turbo head if you can, and hepa filter), and spare room without fur (you can only control it, not stop it). There is no becoming immune (sorry), but you can do a lot to reducing the effects.

What are you going to call her? :D

First of all I have NOT committed to a decision! I tend to obsess about something that I want for awhile.

Second, if I adopt, I thought for a name...Tina or Sister...cuz my neighbor's cat is named Mister. Or perhaps just "Cat" like in Breakfast with Tiffany. But then that would make me Holly Golightly.

I'm not sure about a spare room. Its a velcro cat. It would jump on the bed and lay down with its front legs over me. I did toss it out of my room after it tried to eat me though. I was surprised that it was quiet until morning except for a meow or two.

It sounds like TSC (Tina/Sister/Cat) is quite smart.

She will work out fairly quickly that you don't like being eaten ... usually the next "wake-up and feed me" technique tried is noise - if you leave a rattle toy out for her, she's probably bring that in and play with it to wake you up ;)

(PS. I was teasing you - she'll be a lucky cat if you decide to keep her :))

It sounds like TSC (Tina/Sister/Cat) is quite smart.

She will work out fairly quickly that you don't like being eaten ... usually the next "wake-up and feed me" technique tried is noise - if you leave a rattle toy out for her, she's probably bring that in and play with it to wake you up ;)

(PS. I was teasing you :))
I know.

BTW: Her foster mother called her "Slut" when I returned her. I guess because she happily slept with a strange man for a free dinner. I don't think I can bring myself to call her that. Anyway, virtue is redeemable...if enough time passes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I developed an allergy to cats after not having one for a long time. When we got "Baby" (she was the litter runt) I tried bathing her to reduce the dander. Lol, she was 6 weeks old the first bath was the worst. I was thoroughly clawed but she got used to her biweekly baths. Unfortunately, baths for her and daily allergy meds for me didn't work very well. After a year for sneezing and feeling miserable, I made the decision to surrender her. I really miss having a cat so I hope this works out for you.

Ive read mixed reviews bout Allerpet. It worked for u.

Did u become immune to ur cat?

I wasn't the one with the allergy; sorry Dean. Those products, plus keeping the cat in a different area of the house is what worked for us.

Btw, there are also allergy shots for human that do eventually bring immunity. That's all I know - you'll have to research or talk to an allergist.

PUSSY EPILOGUE

Thx all for the guidance and allowing me to use the forum to work thru my decision.

I asked the foster if I could adopt the cat on trial basis. Her roomates decided to keep the cat when they learned of my interest. Guess it wasn’t meant to be. She offered to let me visit the cat which was nice.

Considering other pet options...

Dean, sorry you didn’t get to keep the cat - or at least get a chance to find out if it’d work or not.

On cats and baths, since you asked - mine loves water so much that he’s been known to try to get in the shower with me. As soon as he thinks someone is headed for the bathroom, he belts ahead, sits in the basin and screams bloody murder until someone turns on the tap for him to play with the water.

Latest posts

Back