Purple-WSP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmilbury

Reaction score
I have to order some things from WSP this week, has anyone used a purple from them that doesn’t morph. I’ve tried 4 different ones, that they claim are CP stable, and they’ve all morphed into a grayish color. Looking to make a Lilac scented soap, and need a decent purple 😞

Have you tried mica from Nurture Soap? They show pictures of how the soap looks using their mica.

Have you tried mica from Nurture Soap? They show pictures of how the soap looks using their mica.
I have not, I will look, but since I currently am placing an order at WSP for needed items I get from them, I was hoping someone had some experience with a decent purple from them

I have used nurture soap micas and they are very good. You can also try "just Pigments" I have used several of their purples without a problem or "mad micas".

I have to order some things from WSP this week, has anyone used a purple from them that doesn’t morph. I’ve tried 4 different ones, that they claim are CP stable, and they’ve all morphed into a grayish color. Looking to make a Lilac scented soap, and need a decent purple 😞

Lavender Mica from Brambberry

9BCD272D-C4D1-41FD-8D6B-06CF504F35DC.jpeg

I think most purples will gray if used in small amounts. Try making a layered bar with different rates of purple mica per layer to see if just coloring at a higher rate might work better. I use about 1/2 tsp mica in a swirl using 1 cup soap batter. Currently I am using Ultraviolet and purple vibrance for Nurture and like them both. I rarely try to do an all over purple color just because of how easy it is to grey.

Latest posts

Back