Purple sprouting broccoli

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nframe

Reaction score
Yesterday, I blanched some purple sprouting broccoli and the water was a beautiful shade of green. Can it be used in soap or will it turn brown? (I have the feeling that it will go brown...)
Has anybody tried it?

I haven't tried either (only 2 batches under my belt) but I know that broccoli peels from stems stink like farts as well when I open the lid to my compost container even the next day.

I haven't tried either (only 2 batches under my belt) but I know that broccoli peels from stems stink like farts as well when I open the lid to my compost container even the next day.
Try bokashi composting substrate. It's wonderful stuff which neutralizes all compost smell, breaks down your compost much more quickly due to a fermentation process AND adds essential microorganisms to your soil / plants, making them grow like crazy :) I am waiting for a couple of good, warm days in a row with no rain to mix up my next 100 LB batch & dry it out under the sun on tarps. It's amazing stuff!

This thread has thankfully saved me from doing a test batch with my dehydrated green kale as a natural colorant 😂 Since it's related to cabbage / broccoli (brassicas) I'll wait for my spinach to start producing some larger leaves instead & mix that with some nettles & green clay 😁

Back