Purple Lilac Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendejm

Reaction score
First time making a soap with purple in it. I’ve read that purple is a tough one and may tend to head toward the gray(ish) end of purple. I’m not sure if this will fade/morph as it cures but for right now - it’s pretty purple. I also added TD to the purple base to make it look more creamy purple. I like it! Nurture Soap lilac frangrance seems a bit weak but that’s ok - too much floral frangrance and it would be old ladyish I think!

F151C7A1-35D7-4412-9442-81188D437694.jpeg

Looks great, @Hendejm ! And thank you, @Misschief , for asking my question on the kind of purple used ♡
I'm curious only because I've had purples go south. I've even considered marking my colour pots with an X if they're not CP safe because it would be just like me to grab the non-CP colour over and over again.

I'm curious only because I've had purples go south. I've even considered marking my colour pots with an X if they're not CP safe because it would be just like me to grab the non-CP colour over and over again.

Marking the pots is a great idea! I am stuck on using plant based colours, so am limited in how to use them. That said, I do drool over those vibrant mica colours!!

Nurture Soap lilac frangrance seems a bit weak but that’s ok - too much floral frangrance and it would be old ladyish I think!

I just bought this, but haven't tried it yet. How was the acceleration?

I've used the purple vibrance and didn't have a problem with it going gray, except for when I added buttermilk. They are about a year old now and look the same as the day they were born.

1549984737526.jpeg

I just bought this, but haven't tried it yet. How was the acceleration?

I've used the purple vibrance and didn't have a problem with it going gray, except for when I added buttermilk. They are about a year old now and look the same as the day they were born.

View attachment 36241
Acceleration wasn’t a problem at all! It stayed nice and fluid.

Good to know about the Purple Vibrance! The reviews looked good so I thought I would give it a go!

I have never had Purple Vibrance morph
That’s great to hear! Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m gonna have to try Mad Micas....they have those crazy brilliant colors, right?
Yes, and they say on their site whether the colors morph or not. For me in CO shipping is very reasonable and quick, for you, since they are also in FL should be fairly cheap and quick.

Wow...those look great. I just have trouble finding a way or need to use purple, and I have a ton of it. Obviously, there’s lavender, but otherwise, I’m not sure what EO says “purple” that doesn’t smell like something my grandma would wear to a funeral. I use lavender with Tea Tree to sometimes cut the floral. I try to make “middle of the road” soaps that work for both men and women. Guess I need to expand my horizons.

Wow...those look great. I just have trouble finding a way or need to use purple, and I have a ton of it. Obviously, there’s lavender, but otherwise, I’m not sure what EO says “purple” that doesn’t smell like something my grandma would wear to a funeral. I use lavender with Tea Tree to sometimes cut the floral. I try to make “middle of the road” soaps that work for both men and women. Guess I need to expand my horizons.
One word..... Karma
It's a Lush dupe and their Karma products are usually coloured Purple, Orange, and Gold. Everyone loves the scent; it's one of my best-selling fragrances.

Back