Purple Lilac Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When using Really Red I find it takes a healthy amount and has to gel. Sorry can't give measurements since I do not measure colorants
I haven’t found a red I like yet. It either looks meaty or pink or both!
True Red Set from Mad Micas. Best Red ever, but I have found that yes, a gel does help. Although even without a gel, it only slightly has a pinkish tone.
When I first got the kit and saw the colors in the trio I sort of laughed and thought, nope, no way is that going to make red, but I was pleasantly surprised.

OR you can try a pinch of red oxide mixed with a neon pink. I usually get a true red with that IF I get the ratios right. It was trying to get the ratios right and consistent every time that I was never able to master.

True Red Set from Mad Micas. Best Red ever, but I have found that yes, a gel does help. Although even without a gel, it only slightly has a pinkish tone.
When I first got the kit and saw the colors in the trio I sort of laughed and thought, nope, no way is that going to make red, but I was pleasantly surprised.

OR you can try a pinch of red oxide mixed with a neon pink. I usually get a true red with that IF I get the ratios right. It was trying to get the ratios right and consistent every time that I was never able to master.
I looked at it last night. Still in my shopping cart. Thank you!

So pretty. FWIW I’ve never had a mica from either Nurture or Mad Micas morph. The exception for me is Really Red from Nurture, but probably due to not getting the soap to gel. It ended up pink. Many of the micas are the same for those companies. It’s frustrating to order what you think is a new color from one company only to find it’s one you already have from the other. Feel free to ask.

this is good to know!!

Latest posts

Back