Purple Lilac Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calamansi :)

Love that! My toddler likes sucking on cut halves directly hehe
They make lots of stuff out of that ...ice cream, drinks, cocktails, hot sauce....

But I DID NOT like the adobo.....yuck! It’s smells awful to me!

They make lots of stuff out of that ...ice cream, drinks, cocktails, hot sauce....

But I DID NOT like the adobo.....yuck! It’s smells awful to me!
Yes, lots of things. Even non edible ones lol

Which reminds me.. I have to make calamansi soap. I heard it's good for the skin but let's see..

I'm not a fan of adobo myself but my teenager likes it.

Yes, lots of things. Even non edible ones lol

Which reminds me.. I have to make calamansi soap. I heard it's good for the skin but let's see..

I'm not a fan of adobo myself but my teenager likes it.
Does that mean you have to cook it? I’m sorry!

Very nicely done on the soap.
I haven't had a colour morph on me yet in CP, now that I said that....
I usually read up on a colour and it there is any questions of how it will work I either don't buy or email for clarification. I have a nice soft purple and a lovely strong one.
@Misschief, I ordered Karma and can't stand the stuff, haven't soaped with it yet. Any chance the smell gets better once in the soap?

Very nicely done on the soap.
I haven't had a colour morph on me yet in CP, now that I said that....
I usually read up on a colour and it there is any questions of how it will work I either don't buy or email for clarification. I have a nice soft purple and a lovely strong one.
@Misschief, I ordered Karma and can't stand the stuff, haven't soaped with it yet. Any chance the smell gets better once in the soap?
I find it's much nicer in the soap than out of the bottle. If you want, dip a q-tip in it and let it sit for a while, then smell it again.

Since I just got my lilac FO and Purple Vibrance from Nurture, I thought I'd play along. Here's my version. I did not add red to my purple, and I used a light hand. Fragrance: no Acceleration. I agree that it isn't very strong. It's not the usual lilac fragrance. It's a little more like... I dunno... Not just lilac. I like it, but I don't think it would be my go-to lilac.

Woops! I forgot I was going to add a pic
IMG_20190213_155549~2.jpeg

I just bought this, but haven't tried it yet. How was the acceleration?

I've used the purple vibrance and didn't have a problem with it going gray, except for when I added buttermilk. They are about a year old now and look the same as the day they were born.

View attachment 36241

I made a lemon lilac that looked like the one on the left, I just colored part of it purple, the purple acted weird right away some of it turned blue. after a few weeks it is mostly ugly brownish gray

So pretty. FWIW I’ve never had a mica from either Nurture or Mad Micas morph. The exception for me is Really Red from Nurture, but probably due to not getting the soap to gel. It ended up pink. Many of the micas are the same for those companies. It’s frustrating to order what you think is a new color from one company only to find it’s one you already have from the other. Feel free to ask.

So pretty. FWIW I’ve never had a mica from either Nurture or Mad Micas morph. The exception for me is Really Red from Nurture, but probably due to not getting the soap to gel. It ended up pink. Many of the micas are the same for those companies. It’s frustrating to order what you think is a new color from one company only to find it’s one you already have from the other. Feel free to ask.
When using Really Red I find it takes a healthy amount and has to gel. Sorry can't give measurements since I do not measure colorants

When using Really Red I find it takes a healthy amount and has to gel. Sorry can't give measurements since I do not measure colorants
I haven’t found a red I like yet. It either looks meaty or pink or both!

Latest posts

Back