Purple Citrus (Canadian supplier) experiences?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SudsyFox

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from Purple Citrus before (purplecitrus.ca)? They're a Canadian company but it seems that they ship internationally. They're not listed in the master FO review document at all and I'm wondering about their fragrance oils, as well as their other stuff. Cheers and TIA :)

I never heard of them and have not tried them but I bookmarked the site for future reference. It looks like they're more focused on Bath & Body products other than hand made soap supplies. They have a good selection of bases for lotion, etc. and M&P soap. I got a big kick out of their blurb -- PURPLE CITRUS - Your Main Squeeze :D

You might want to test the water for the rest of our Canadian members. Buy a few sample FOs for testing and report back.

Finding scents that work is all hit and miss! It takes time, PATIENCE, and testing to find what works and what doesn't. 
I test 6 new fragrances at a time. Here's how I do it:

Make up a 22 oz. oils batch of soap

22 oz. X a factor of 1.37 = 30 oz of soap (approx.)
30 oz. soap / 6 single cavity molds = 6 bars @ 5 oz. each.

I use 6 small Pyrex bowls to mix fragrance into 5 oz. soap batter before pouring into each cavity.
I use MMS Fragrance Calc to determine the correct amount of EO/FO to add for 5 oz. soap.

You won't know if the fragrance is irritating or not until the bars cure a full 4 - 6 weeks.
You won't know how long the fragrance lasts until it fades -- which can be any time within the first year of use. If you're lucky, you'll find a long lasting fragrance in time.

Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has ordered from Purple Citrus before (purplecitrus.ca)? They're a Canadian company but it seems that they ship internationally. They're not listed in the master FO review document at all and I'm wondering about their fragrance oils, as well as their other stuff. Cheers and TIA :)
Stay away from them. They were Sapphire Blue and have a very bad reputation. You can look them up with the Better Business Bureau.

I never heard of them and have not tried them but I bookmarked the site for future reference. It looks like they're more focused on Bath & Body products other than hand made soap supplies. They have a good selection of bases for lotion, etc. and M&P soap. I got a big kick out of their blurb -- PURPLE CITRUS - Your Main Squeeze :D

You might want to test the water for the rest of our Canadian members. Buy a few sample FOs for testing and report back.

Finding scents that work is all hit and miss! It takes time, PATIENCE, and testing to find what works and what doesn't. 
I test 6 new fragrances at a time. Here's how I do it:

Make up a 22 oz. oils batch of soap
22 oz. X a factor of 1.37 = 30 oz of soap (approx.)
30 oz. soap / 6 single cavity molds = 6 bars @ 5 oz. each.

I use 6 small Pyrex bowls to mix fragrance into 5 oz. soap batter before pouring into each cavity.
I use MMS Fragrance Calc to determine the correct amount of EO/FO to add for 5 oz. soap.

You won't know if the fragrance is irritating or not until the bars cure a full 4 - 6 weeks.
You won't know how long the fragrance lasts until it fades -- which can be any time within the first year of use. If you're lucky, you'll find a long lasting fragrance in time.

Thanks for these tips!

Latest posts

Back