Purchasing Base Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorgrl

Reaction score
Specifically olive oil.

I use a lot of olive oil in my soaps and have been purchasing it at Walmart for approximately 18.8 cents/oz. I'm looking to purchase in larger quantities and checked out Soaper's Choice. I calculated their olive oil pomace to be approximately 13 cents/oz. Good deal until I look at shipping - over $26 to ship to my address. Shipping brings the price up to 17 cents/oz by my calculations, not too far off from what I'm already paying at Walmart.

Am I already getting a good deal? Or do I need to purchase in even larger quantities from somewhere else for the best deals? What is everyone else paying per ounce?

Thanks!

I buy at Costco as well. Best deal. Do you have a Sam's Club nearby? Also, check Wholesalesuppliesplus Free shipping over a certain dollar amount.

Depending where you live Cibaria Soap Supply has Olive Pomace for $52.54 per 35 lbs. To my zip code SC wants $24.65 and Cibaria would cost $17.46. So you might want to check Cibaria. If in So Calif they also have will call

Latest posts

Back