Puppies!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Our foster dog gave birth on Friday. 3 tiny King Charles Cavalier Spaniels.

ETA: BTW, if anybody is interested in adopting, PM me. I can send you the name and web page of our rescue organization. We are located in Alabama but we have sent dogs to Texas and Florida, so you don't have to be in Alabama do adopt from us. The puppies (this litter and the new litter I am posting about) are all taken, but we have quite a few lovely, sweet adult dogs.

puppy.JPG

Last edited:
Valentine, the mom, was purchased at an auction. Our organization purchases dogs their so they don't end up as puppy mill breeding dogs. The veterinarian recommended against terminating the pregnancy, because it was advanced enough that doing so would be risky for Valentine. We've been fostering her for about 4 weeks. When the puppies are 12 weeks, they will be adopted and then Valentine will be spayed and she will also be adopted.

puppies2.JPG

puppies3.PNG

I so miss my pup. I had to send him to live with my brother because work was having me travel way too much. Now he is really happy there, has a pup buddy, and rarely ever deals with cold.

But I want one of those pups!

Lucky Valentine, to have people who care enough to save her life. It's easy to turn a blind eye and not do anything. Bless you for your compassion. It renews my faith in human beings when I hear stories like this.

Now on to the puppies...those pink nose and mouth in the first pic!!! And how tiny they are next to their mom. I love how warm they are, and the little noises they make. Snuggle them for me.

Awww. Who on earth auctions dogs? Hows mom doing?

Most of the auctions are in Missouri - the puppy mill capital of the US.

Almost all of the dogs we (we being the organization) have rescued have had Giardia, a serious intestinal parasite. Valentine had both giardia and hookworms.

This particular auction house seems to specialize in small animals, mostly dogs.

(climbs on soap box). Know where your pets come from! Don't buy a dog or cat at a pet store! Contact your vet and get a recommendation for a good breeder or a rescue organization.

OMG. Everyone of those babies and their mama looks so wonderful. I have rescue dogs, too.

Squee! I was so excited when I saw the thread title and immediately thought of your new foster hoping the puppies belonged to her. How many are boys and how many are girls? Definitely give them some snuggles from me!

Most of the auctions are in Missouri - the puppy mill capital of the US.

Almost all of the dogs we (we being the organization) have rescued have had Giardia, a serious intestinal parasite. Valentine had both giardia and hookworms.

This particular auction house seems to specialize in small animals, mostly dogs.

(climbs on soap box). Know where your pets come from! Don't buy a dog or cat at a pet store! Contact your vet and get a recommendation for a good breeder or a rescue organization.

We know where our pets came from. ALL of them have been dumped "in the country" by their previous owners. We keep animals alive here out of compassion. These are not hunting machines and will starve if we don't help.

I'll get off my soap box now. DD just hit a raw nerve.

We know where our pets came from. ALL of them have been dumped "in the country" by their previous owners. We keep animals alive here out of compassion. These are not hunting machines and will starve if we don't help.

I'll get off my soap box now. DD just hit a raw nerve.

Did I offend you? I apologize - we also have dogs that were dumped, including this amazing and smart Lab who now lives with my brother. I really appreciate you taking in abandoned dogs!

dog.JPG

Latest posts

Back