Puppies!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Week 4 pictures:
The single pic is of Oakley, the only girl.

puppy3.jpg

puppiesweek4.jpg

I miss having a dog so much! Those babies are precious.

On the animal dumping issue, here in Florida there is a serious problem with people dumping exotic pets. The state recently had a python hunt because these huge snakes were killing off native species in the Everglades. There were captures (and kills) of snakes > 12 feet long! They also have problems with non native lizards, insects, and tropical fish being released into the wild.

I remember back when my girls where in school people would dump iguanas. Theses people would buy a cute little baby iggie and not be able to handle them when the became full grown iggies. My daughter had a full grown male iggie that weighed 11 lbs. I even rescued iggies from pet stores that did not know how to care for the. We had one that had lost most of her toes from malnutrition. Got her healthy and a good home. Our other iggie was a rescued female and she newer grew or 4 lbs, but she lived for 10 years and had a great life. I really hate people that mistreat and dump animals. Pet stores are some of the biggest culprits in my opinion, they should not sell cutesy little reptiles that will become very large hard to handle reptiles

Oh my wow the CUTE!! I cant stand the cute!!! Oakley looks so serious!
How's mama doing? Is she happier? I bet she's happier. And tired.

Your puppies are cute. My dog had puppies on 2/24/2016. I created a thread in this general chat area about puppies, and it was deleted.

Mama is doing great! She has no heart murmur, which is REALLY good for a 5 year old Cavalier. Heart failure is the #1 cause of death in this breed. :( We actually have a dog cardiologist who is a very active member of our group. 90% of her patients are Cavaliers.

No trouble finding forever homes - there are already dozens of applications. We are very fortunate in that this breed is very popular and not extremely common, so we have no problems finding forever homes.

I will be sad to see Mama go. The puppies are cute and stuff, but their lives will be safe and happy from birth onward. They will go from our safe, loving home to a safe, loving forever home. Mama dog has gone from a puppy mill to the auction block to our home. Intellectually I know that her forever home will be safe and loving and she will be happy, but emotionally I am worried about her.

The puppies are pretty much weaned. If they can, they are happy to latch on and nurse, but they are very bitey so Mama Dog doesn't let them nurse for long! They are eating a puppy pre-kibble. The pieces are very small.

Unfortunately, due to hormones, Mama Dog's hair is falling out. But it will come back! And she has ring-worm, which we are treating. Another reason to keep her away from the puppies - it is very contagious.

Latest posts

Back