Puppies!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I offend you? I apologize - we also have dogs that were dumped, including this amazing and smart Lab who now lives with my brother. I really appreciate you taking in abandoned dogs!

No ! You did not offend me. The nerve you touched was the one that goes off when someone take a member of their family and drops them off in the wilderness. There are several of us up and down this stretch of river that take in strays to save them.

I admire what you are doing and just needed to share some space on your soap box while it was already set up.

Okay, good! I wanted you to know that I was not making a dig at foundling dogs.

When I was little, my parents also lived by a river and people dumped their dogs there. Over the years my parents took in and rehomed 60+ dogs. One of them gave Mom mange when she was pregnant with me!

Most of the auctions are in Missouri - the puppy mill capital of the US.

I was under the impression that we Iowans held that awful title. Puppy mills are rampant here too, unfortunately. Bless you for taking in Valentine and her pups.

And I hope you know that by starting this thread you have inadvertently committed yourself to thrice-weekly picture updates on the pups. This contract is legal and binding; ask anyone!

:)

We know where our pets came from. ALL of them have been dumped "in the country" by their previous owners.

My first dog as a little girl was a rat terrier we called Bill - he was a "dump dog" and a wonderful pet. And I'm the current proud owner of a pit bull who came from the ditches of north Iowa. My husband calls her "discount dog" when she's done something naughty.:mrgreen:

Yes you have now committed to weekly puppy update pics :)

I have never bought a dog or cat, they are always rescues. And there has to be a special level of hell for people who abandon animals. I work in a hugely industrial area in the port of Los Angeles, and people abandon dogs and cats there!! You can't even pretend there's hunting and water....

Here is Cupid at his daily weigh-in! The puppies have almost doubled in size since their birth on 2/19. Yes, that's my soaping scale!

puppy1.JPG

We know where our pets came from. ALL of them have been dumped "in the country" by their previous owners. We keep animals alive here out of compassion. These are not hunting machines and will starve if we don't help.

I'll get off my soap box now. DD just hit a raw nerve.

We grew up in the country in the Midwest and every one of our pets were dumped in our area, so we had multiple cats and dogs. Great pets - everyone last one of them.

Yes you have now committed to weekly puppy update pics :)

I have never bought a dog or cat, they are always rescues. And there has to be a special level of hell for people who abandon animals. I work in a hugely industrial area in the port of Los Angeles, and people abandon dogs and cats there!! You can't even pretend there's hunting and water....

I'd like to add, that there's also a more hidden "dumping" - small animals like rabbits and hamster get tossed outside to "live in the wild". Its hidden because all they have to do is open the door and put them out....rodents don't go seeking out people for food so people aren't aware of the problem.

We were at a community park when our 6 year old started yelling to get a box....she'd found a hamster burrowing in the dirt! (we had 2 hamsters so she knew what they looked like)

O...M...G...the pinkness of it all! The toes, and noses and fuzzy little lips. And I love how they love to sleep piled on top of each other, like they can't get close enough. I'm just undone.

Aaaaagh puppy toes!! Hows momma doing? I always try to give the moms lots of attention too cause everyone oodles over the puppies.

Mama is doing great! She has very good maternal instincts! She is eating well - 3 cups a day! Which is a LOT considering she weighs 25 lbs.

We have to keep the puppies isolated from our 6 (yes, six) other dogs, so we can't let her roam freely between the puppy room and the rest of the house. So we go in there and hang out with her, and we let her out to roam about once an hour.

Latest posts

Back