Pumpkin question...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I've searched for an answer on here, but haven't found what I need...
I was thinking of doing a pumpkin pie soap... all the cream FOs I have contain vanillin. I wanted to do a simple drop swirl of white in the pumpkin color.
Will the FO discolor the orange of the pumpkin? Or just make the orange darker? Or just make it brown? I thought if I left the white plain, I'd be ok. Any suggestions or help? If I have to, I'll leave some orange without the FO, and do drop swirls with both colors.

It will depend on how much vanilla content, at 6% you are going to get a very dark chocolate discoloration, and at 2% much less so. I recently did a blind swirl leaving a small part with no FO, but I added a little white mica. Also with pumpkin, or pumpkin pie FO be sure to look at the amount you can use on skin. The one that I wanted to purchase was a total usage of .15%. So that wasn't going to work.

If I have to, I'll leave some orange without the FO, and do drop swirls with both colors.

I think that would look very pretty. I would even suggest adding a bit of brown into the batter with the fragrance to give it nice even color and a sharp color change. Brown/orange/white will make a beautiful soap in my opinion. Otherwise, depending on the vanilla concentration, the soap could go very brown.

Yeah, I was going to use WSP's vanilla swirl...at 7% vanilla. Their suggested usage is 7.5%. I thought that would make it very dark, and if I added some cocoa powder, it would make it look more black-ish.

Soapsupplies.net has a great Pumpkin Pie Spice fo, smells just like a pumpkin baking in the oven. It discolors to a pretty cooked pumpkin pie color. This is the only pumpkin pie fo I will use and I have tried several

Soapsupplies.net has a great Pumpkin Pie Spice fo, smells just like a pumpkin baking in the oven. It discolors to a pretty cooked pumpkin pie color. This is the only pumpkin pie fo I will use and I have tried several

Cmzaha you are quickly making SS.net my favorite fragrance supplier. I'm going to go broke and blame you haha.. I just ran out of the coconut so I'll order this one now as well

Back