Quantcast

Pumpkin question...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I've searched for an answer on here, but haven't found what I need...
I was thinking of doing a pumpkin pie soap... all the cream FOs I have contain vanillin. I wanted to do a simple drop swirl of white in the pumpkin color.
Will the FO discolor the orange of the pumpkin? Or just make the orange darker? Or just make it brown? I thought if I left the white plain, I'd be ok. Any suggestions or help? If I have to, I'll leave some orange without the FO, and do drop swirls with both colors.

OliveOil2

Reaction score
It will depend on how much vanilla content, at 6% you are going to get a very dark chocolate discoloration, and at 2% much less so. I recently did a blind swirl leaving a small part with no FO, but I added a little white mica. Also with pumpkin, or pumpkin pie FO be sure to look at the amount you can use on skin. The one that I wanted to purchase was a total usage of .15%. So that wasn't going to work.

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I have to, I'll leave some orange without the FO, and do drop swirls with both colors.
I think that would look very pretty. I would even suggest adding a bit of brown into the batter with the fragrance to give it nice even color and a sharp color change. Brown/orange/white will make a beautiful soap in my opinion. Otherwise, depending on the vanilla concentration, the soap could go very brown.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to use WSP's vanilla swirl...at 7% vanilla. Their suggested usage is 7.5%. I thought that would make it very dark, and if I added some cocoa powder, it would make it look more black-ish.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soapsupplies.net has a great Pumpkin Pie Spice fo, smells just like a pumpkin baking in the oven. It discolors to a pretty cooked pumpkin pie color. This is the only pumpkin pie fo I will use and I have tried several

TVivian

Reaction score
Soapsupplies.net has a great Pumpkin Pie Spice fo, smells just like a pumpkin baking in the oven. It discolors to a pretty cooked pumpkin pie color. This is the only pumpkin pie fo I will use and I have tried several

Cmzaha you are quickly making SS.net my favorite fragrance supplier. I'm going to go broke and blame you haha.. I just ran out of the coconut so I'll order this one now as well

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cmzaha you are quickly making SS.net my favorite fragrance supplier. I'm going to go broke and blame you haha.. I just ran out of the coconut so I'll order this one now as well
;-) I love many of Paige's fragrances

Latest posts