Pumpkin pie spice in CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulrurunaturals

Reaction score
I already have the base recipie any suggestions of how many tbsp or teaspoons per lb of oils to put when using pumpkin pie spice.

I don’t think I would add it to the soap. May be scratchy and may potentially irritate the skin. I suppose you could infuse it into oil for coloring.

I don’t think I would add it to the soap. May be scratchy and may potentially irritate the skin. I suppose you could infuse it into oil for coloring.
I really love pumpkin spice and have never used it in CP soap. Maybe I'll use it at 1tsp per lb not to over whelm I. Also using 1tbsp per lb colloidal oatmeal meal

I would use 1 tsp max ppo. Personally a 1/2 tsp sounds better
Well I'm litteraly melting the oils as I speak and measuring out the water so this info is most helpful

ok I'll use the 1/2tsp ppo I'll blend it in along w the oatmeal @ 1tbsp ppo into oils before I introduce the lye

I'm also using sodium. Lactate for additional bar hardness at 1oz ppo

I'm also using sodium. Lactate for additional bar hardness at 1oz ppo
I was gonna chealate but decided against it so much going on here in this soap LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you know you will not smell the pumpkin pie spice. I am with Shunt that it can be really scratchy
I wasn't aware I wasn't going to be able to smell it sigh...also adding 1/2 tsp ppo of tumeric

Ok I put frankenscence myrrh and lavander essential oils In it

Last edited by a moderator:
A soapmaker friend of mine made an apple pie scented soap and added cinnamon to it. It's scratchy, but not unpleasant. She used a light hand though, I think 1/2 tsp PPO. It's actually one of the soaps in my shower, but I only use it once every few days. Not one I want to use daily because it is scratchy.

Edited to correct the spelling of apple...

Thank you to everyone who took thier time to help me with my inquiry....I Unmolded my soap Tues sept 17 trimmed it up on sept 18 and will cut today pics to follow. Cure date will be Oct 31.

here's the pumpkin pie spice soap everyone gave me comments on I like how it turned out..and the white on the top is soda ash. I like to embrace the ash cause it can be a visual effect to the over all look of the soap naturally.

It will be very scratchy. Cinnamon is scratchy enough but that spice will give cuts if you are not careful.

What exactly is in the Spice mix ?

It will be very scratchy. Cinnamon is scratchy enough but that spice will give cuts if you are not careful.

What exactly is in the Spice mix ?
I don't know it was a blend of spices called pumpkin pie spice. However I only put 1/2 tsp per lb of oil also I put 1/2 tsp per lb of oil of tummeric and I also put 1Tbsp per lb of oil Colloidal oatmeal. I think as far as scratchy be ok. Cure date is October 31 so will be a while before i get to try it. First time using oatmeal so Im excited to see the effect that it lends to the soap.

Latest posts

Back