Pumpkin... But not for Hallows.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayStar

Reaction score
I know that "tis the season" for folks to be eyeballing the pumpkin scents. But I'm looking for one that could be a bit more year round. If that makes sense? All of the pumpkin scents I've Googled seem to mention pies or cinnamon or sugar, stuff like that... But I'd like one that is just a natural pumpkin scent. I honestly was wanting to use it with a zucchini flower scent for a more garden-ish scent. And I've red a lot of conflicting opinions on using puréed pumpkin (or any fresh plant for that matter). So any advice one a non sugar/spice pumpkin? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question lol!

I do not know anything yet but I have used pureed pumpkin in 2 of my soaps so far. it helped the color but not any scent added to the final product. They are curing so have not gotten to use them. Will test out in about 3 weeks. I also used oatmeal ground up, almond milk in one and powdered regular milk in the other. I also used cocoa powder to color them. The pumpkin is the back rt side of last pic and the tilted tiger stripe on first.

IMG_6657 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

I made a pumpkin spice soap last year using pureed pumpkin and pumpkin ale. It turned out really nice. I just used some more in a batch last night.

I've found a really good FO from NG, that while really sweet oob smells amazing in my products - it's one of my best year-round sellers, currently. Pumpkin Cheesecake. It sounded like it would go 'candy' or otherwise morph grossly, when I first read the description, but I'm glad I tried it out despite that. It's quite yummy, and it's never given my cp any issues with Acceleration or Ricing. It does discolor to a very light tan, but with TD it mellows to a pretty beige. I use it in pumpkin purée soap, though, mainly - don't have to worry about the color, for that! :)
I hope you find a fragrance that you love, that works for your desires!

I've used pumpkin in my soaps as well. I like the Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti. Though it's only a couple weeks old time will tell how it smells after cure.

Wsp has a pumpkin pickin fo that is the least spicy or sweet pumpkin fo I have found. I heard there is one called pumpkin patch but I don't know who carries it.

Latest posts

Back