Pumpable lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
Want to make a light pumpable lotion. I was thinking of 73% water,5% ewax and3 %cetyl alcohol, and the remaining oo, argan , honey and preservative.
Is 73% water enough?
TIA

chris

It's hard to say for sure, because different techniques and different ingredients will affect the texture, but just guessing, I would say it will be more like my usual body lotion that I make with a water phase in the lower 70% range. It has more of a cooked pudding texture -- a dollop stays a dollop when I pump it into my hand; it doesn't spread out at all until I start to apply it to my skin.

I think of a light lotion as having a creamy but somewhat flowable texture. It would slowly spread out in my palm. To get that kind of texture, I would go closer to 80% water phase.

Be careful with the honey -- even at 1% or so, this is going to challenge your preservative. You're better off using glycerin or honeyquat (made from honey) as a humectant as well as to minimize the cootie food you're adding.

Latest posts

Back