Puff pastry apple rosettes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
Have you seen these? They're all over pinterest. Well, I have some friends coming over for dinner this weekend, and I was wondering what to serve for dessert, and took a look at the instructions for these. I thought they might be kind of "fussy", but they're really not. I think mine could be prettier, but this was a practice batch, so next time, I'll lay the apple slices a little higher on the strip of puff pastry, so they stick up and look more rosey. Instead of the white sugar called for in the recipe, I used brown because, well, I like the flavor better, and I added a few chopped walnuts. If I do say so myself, they are delish! And kind of fancy looking don't you think? Hope my friends like them. If you google "puff pastry apple rosettes", there are a million recipes. Some use a wider piece of pastry and fold it over, I followed the directions for the ones that use a narrower piece, and just roll. I think with the folded over pastry, it might be too think at the center, and get kind of gummy. I cooked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I used a cookie sheet covered with a silicone baking liner. I'm glad I did, because with the juice of the apples, the sugary juices leaked a bit at the bottom, and caramelized, and I think without the silicone liner, it would have been tough to remove them without damaging them. I think a couple of these on a plate, with a little scoop of vanilla bean ice cream will make my friends happy. And it was easy peasy!

apple rosette.jpg

Its bad that I'm hungry, reading your post, know exactly what pinterest posts you are referring to, and have 2 huge containers of puff pastry dough in my freezer I've been needing something to do with. Sounds like this will be a weekend project. Very pretty rosettes!

I'm not too keen on puff pastry, let alone pastries outside of select pies and tarts. You couldn't pay me enough to eat a small piece of a napoleon. But, the apple rosette looks tasty and pretty. I'd probably try it... once.

Those look amazing! Should I bring red or white for dinner?

Red, we're having beef stew, and the stew has a whole bottle of wine in it! If you guys try them, please be sure to post pics. I think I can get mine to look prettier, now that I've practiced. They really are easy to make, and tasty.

Latest posts

Back