PU

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No issues with partial gel,

good to know--I have a can of coconut milk to try next. i did a nice swirl on the last GM soap but mixed the mica in the soap and didn't mix it enough grrrrr and even with soaping at 88 degrees and throwing it in the freezer with ice packs all around it, it still did a partial gel--too bad cuz I really like the swirl otherwise. I have been using the end of the first GM soap I made a few days ago and I am loving it--cant wait for it to age--wonderful lather and just feels so good on my skin. just looked at the cut bars and they are getting ash all over them.

A4B6692A-A3CC-4411-BF2F-DC147BCE53C5.jpeg
good to know--I have a can of coconut milk to try next. i did a nice swirl on the last GM soap but mixed the mica in the soap and didn't mix it enough grrrrr and even with soaping at 88 degrees and throwing it in the freezer with ice packs all around it, it still did a partial gel--too bad cuz I really like the swirl otherwise. I have been using the end of the first GM soap I made a few days ago and I am loving it--cant wait for it to age--wonderful lather and just feels so good on my skin. just looked at the cut bars and they are getting ash all over them.
I know others have posted about this, but we have a professional-grade clothes steamer that I tried the other day on ashed soaps, and they cleared up beautifully. Here’s a comparison.

View attachment 38454
I know others have posted about this, but we have a professional-grade clothes steamer that I tried the other day on ashed soaps, and they cleared up beautifully. Here’s a comparison.

thanks Daryl, I have one but am going to wait for it to finish curing (getting ashy). I have also just stuck them in water and wiped them down--but it makes them look used. they will be for my personal use or real close friends that wont mind. I think it will be a good soap. have you tried any with aloe vera juice yet? that makes a nice bar too--I have stopped using my other soaps

thanks Daryl, I have one but am going to wait for it to finish curing (getting ashy). I have also just stuck them in water and wiped them down--but it makes them look used. they will be for my personal use or real close friends that wont mind. I think it will be a good soap. have you tried any with aloe vera juice yet? that makes a nice bar too--I have stopped using my other soaps
No, Ive been tempted. The only aloe vera I see locally is in a jug at Kroger. Is that ok to use? Does it color the soap? OH, speaking of [Squirrel!] I mentioned attempting to use bentonite clay and how it clumped compared to the soft-music lady on YouTube. Well, I went back and rewatched it. It appears she used steaming/boiling water to dilute her clay. I’m gonna try that next time.

Last edited:
No, Ive been tempted. The only aloe vera I see locally is in a jug at Kroger. Is that ok to use? Does it color the soap? OH, speaking of [Squirrel!] I mentioned attempting to use bentonite clay and how it clumped compared to the soft-music lady on YouTube. Well, I went back and rewatched it. It appears she used steaming/boiling water to dilute her clay. I’m gonna try that next time.

I just used a bottle of aloe vera juice from the grocery store

I just used a bottle of aloe vera juice from the grocery store

oh and it didn't color the soap!! I saw earlier that some one said they use glycerin and I will try that next time--I usually just use a little safflower oil to mix mine==I am ticked off that it didn't get mixed enough in the soap so I am done just adding it dry to the soap

Back