Psychedelic baby!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you may remember this soap that I made a month ago. It was a strainer pour-through into a PVC tube. AKA "The Brain Scan". Patchouli and Orange scented in keeping with the 60's vibe :)
IMG_3912.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg

KiwiMoose, I have the same mat you used for your your Psychedelic Baby soap and used it lying flat on a cookie sheet for a single layer rim. That particular rim was a fail because I used a recipe with too many hard oils and it wasn't pliable enough. The recipe really matters for the rim! But anyway, I was going to say, before I looked closely at your Psychedelic Baby soap I thought it was a rimmed soap. Of course, I can now see that it isn't. But it surely is gorgeous!

KiwiMoose, I have the same mat you used for your your Psychedelic Baby soap and used it lying flat on a cookie sheet for a single layer rim. That particular rim was a fail because I used a recipe with too many hard oils and it wasn't pliable enough. The recipe really matters for the rim! But anyway, I was going to say, before I looked closely at your Psychedelic Baby soap I thought it was a rimmed soap. Of course, I can now see that it isn't. But it surely is gorgeous!

Would you mind sharing your rim soap recipe? I am not having any luck at all with any of the recipes for the rim soap that I have found on the net. They are all too stiff.

These are beautiful - did you use the pour through method? Also do you mind me asking if this isn't a rimmed soap, how did you achieve the beautiful texture on the outside?

Latest posts

Back