PSA- CDA Soapworks Planer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
So I purchased this amazing gadget last April and have used and abused it daily since. I finally broke a notch in the blade this past weekend. I pulled out my instructions and it says the blade cant be replaced. I go to the etsy shop and they are on vacation for a few months. So I got out a screwdriver and my daughter took it apart. The blade was glued in as well as screwed but i wedged a razor blade in there and popped it off. Found replacement blades on Amazon and put in the new one today. I'm including an etsy screenshot so you know what I'm referencing and the new blades if you find yourself in a similar predicament.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-135056_Etsy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-135056_Etsy.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220810_134842.jpg
    20220810_134842.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! Interesting to know it is also glued in addition to screwed. I replaced mine recently, sans glue and that might explain why it got crooked so easily, but was able to adjust it Later.

Thanks! Interesting to know it is also glued in addition to screwed. I replaced mine recently, sans glue and that might explain why it got crooked so easily, but was able to adjust it Later.
Yes I would be worried trying to glue it in and cut myself. As I am a klutz and already cut myself on it when i first got it.

Thank you for this post. I have had one for about 2.5 years and I love it but have tried researching what blade would work with it if I ever needed to replace it and had no luck finding a match.I’m still having trouble locating this exact product on Amazon though. Could you provide a link please?

Last edited:
Thank you for this post. I have had one for about 2.5 years and I love it but have tried researching what blade would work with it if I ever needed to replace it and had no luck finding a match.I’m still having trouble locating this exact product on Amazon though. Could you provide a link please?

Allway Tools 4-Inch Replacement Universal Stripper Blades (pack of 5) https://a.co/d/2ZAjumj

Back