PS-80 For $10/LB After You Factor In Shipping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
I ran across this site/supplier while looking for a lower price on PS-80. The price is ridiculously low compared to other suppliers I've seen. I was going to get a 16 oz bottle for $5.50, but the shipping was $20. So, I checked what the shipping would be for a 32 Oz bottle ($10) ... Still $20. Well heck, how about two 32 oz bottles ($20)? Yep, $20.

So, I'm thinking I'll give them a try. Four pounds of PS-80 for what amounts to $10 a pound when you include shipping isn't too bad. But before I do place an order, does anyone have any experience with this company?

http://www.chemistrystore.com/Soap_Making_Supplies-Polysorbate_80.html

I've ordered from Chemistry Store before and have been satisfied with the purchases. Also check out Soaper's Choice . . . PS80 is $5/lb plus shipping. You can get almost twice the amount for the same price depending on shipping cost.

Thanks Doriette, it actually works out to be about twice the amount for sixty cents more. Soaper's Choice it is!

Glad I could help save you some $$$! I've got both PS80 & IPM on my SC order list but just splurged on goodies from BA and Nurture so gotta control my spending for a bit. Although I do really 'need' that PS80 for one of IL's liquid soap recipes I've been wanting to try . . .

I've been on a bath bomb spree for some Christmas orders. And realized that I was going to need more PS-80 before I run out. So, I figured it was time to start buying it in bulk ... Also with the intention of trying one of IrishLass's liquid soap recipes. I've done the cold process liquid soap method from the thread, but I want to see if there's a noticeable difference between that and the "flying bubbles" method.

So, your tip was really helpful!

Oh, the evils of buying citric acid in bulk ... see where that first indiscretion has led you, Patrick??? Down the indulgent path of liquid soap, bath bombs, and who knows what! :twisted:

Oh, the evils of buying citric acid in bulk ... see where that first indiscretion has led you, Patrick??? Down the indulgent path of liquid soap, bath bombs, and who knows what! :twisted:

Yes, mother warned me about hanging out with soapers. lol

ETA: It was my FOHOishness that led me to this point. So many times I'd have just a bit of this or just a bit of that left after making soap .... just enough to make a batch or three of bath bombs. smh

Last edited:
Back