Quantcast

Propyline Glycol

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

bubbles1970

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone give me some info on propyline glycol. I have noticed it as an ingredient in some of my store bought soaps and shampoos. I know it is a humectant and it can be used in many industries other than cosmetic. Does anyone out there use it? Like it? If so, How much goes into a batch of soap to get the humectant benefits?
Thank you

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
What I know about it is this. Manufacturers love to use this because it is a cheap version of glycerine. (chemical) It is used in many things from cosmetics to food. It is included in a lot of the fragrance oils that are used in the soap and candle industry. I have used pure vegetable glycerine in my hair products and I really do like it. I don't add it to my cp soaps because handcrafted soaps include plenty of natural glycerine.

Deda

Reaction score
I don't know much about it, but what I do know is that my Stepwitch is Mega-lergic to it. She gets a horrid rash anytime she uses anything with PG in it.

jenn624

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recipes that call for it they'd be willing to share? My mom gave me two gallons of it (they raise hogs, bought it as a food additive, then decided not to use it), and I have no idea what to use it for... but I know its gotta be good for something

Latest posts