Products you wish soap/candle/B&B vendors offered

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A flat-bottomed, 6-quart, heavy-gauge stainless steel soaping bowl with insulated handle and pouring spout, and which doesn't have any of that non-skid coating crap on it's bottom.

I want to be able to melt my oils directly on the stovetop in it, then take it over to my sink and commence soaping in it.

And it would be kinda nice if it came with a tight-fitting cover just in case I decide I want to stick it in my oven to make an HP batch with it, but it's not a deal-breaker for me if it doesn't come with one, since I have lots of different sizes of pot/pan covers, one of which is bound to cover it well enough, I'm sure.

[Geeze- I kinda sound like Ralphie from A Christmas Story describing the Red Ryder BB Gun to Santa Claus that he wants for Christmas, lol]

I actually already own a very similar pot that I've been soaping in for the past 10 to 11 years, but it doesn't have a pour spout or a matching lid. A pour spout would be really nice, but not having a matching lid has been working out fine for me since I own 2 other lids that fit on it quite nicely.

Truth be told, I would be quite the happy camper just to be able to find an exact copy of the one I have, but it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. I bought it from Sur la Table off their clearance rack when I first started soaping, and have never seen another one like it since. It sure would be nice to have another one for a back-up, though, just in case.

IrishLass :)

I want just about the same stainless steel container as Irishlass... handle, spout, lid, and no rubber silliness on the bottom. But I want mine to be a very wide bowl so I can use it for B&B.

A flat-bottomed, 6-quart, heavy-gauge stainless steel soaping bowl with insulated handle and pouring spout, and which doesn't have any of that non-skid coating crap on it's bottom.

I want to be able to melt my oils directly on the stovetop in it, then take it over to my sink and commence soaping in it.

And it would be kinda nice if it came with a tight-fitting cover just in case I decide I want to stick it in my oven to make an HP batch with it, but it's not a deal-breaker for me if it doesn't come with one, since I have lots of different sizes of pot/pan covers, one of which is bound to cover it well enough, I'm sure.

[Geeze- I kinda sound like Ralphie from A Christmas Story describing the Red Ryder BB Gun to Santa Claus that he wants for Christmas, lol]

I actually already own a very similar pot that I've been soaping in for the past 10 to 11 years, but it doesn't have a pour spout or a matching lid. A pour spout would be really nice, but not having a matching lid has been working out fine for me since I own 2 other lids that fit on it quite nicely.

Truth be told, I would be quite the happy camper just to be able to find an exact copy of the one I have, but it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. I bought it from Sur la Table off their clearance rack when I first started soaping, and have never seen another one like it since. It sure would be nice to have another one for a back-up, though, just in case.

IrishLass :)

I'm not sure about how well made these would be, but the price is right. I'm planning on getting some after my move... I had to go on a hunt!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Chefs-Sec...06398&wl11=online&wl12=26378419&wl13=&veh=sem

And there's no handle. I should go to bed... the hunt is on for another day :(

I would love to see a supplier sell lab coats that say 'mad soaper' on them. It would be perfect for my dream soaporatory.

LOL, if I could find a lab coat from one of our t-shirt suppliers, that could be made. In glitter and/or rhinestones, even.

A long stainless steel knife with a blade at least 5 inches tall and the handle all the way across the the top of the knife (the long way) made of wood or sturdy and easily cleanable material. Not a rocking pizza cutter, but straight. Not dual handled like a cheese knife, but strong and sturdy like them since they are used to slice through very large wheels of cheese. I want to be able to cut through a slab mold to make loaves to fit into my mitre box. I am not at home to check the measurements, but I think at least 18 inches long, and even better if it were available in 3 or 4 different lengths to meet the needs of whatever size slab mold one uses.

Also a 5 or 6 inch tall-bladed knife/cutter that will work with a mitre box and cut through tall soap, i.e. soap made in the ED loaf mold when it is filled to the top. A standard putty knife type knife is too short.

I am on the search for both these items and they are not easy to find.

Last edited:
I really wish they could invent a multi bar cutter for M&P soap. I'll even take a single bar cutter as long a it's not a mitre box and knife

Ahem...

I reeeeeeeeeeeally hope some soapsupplier(s) out there is listening in on this conversation, and take really good notes! *grin*

I am a lookout for a small storage unit that can hold my spatulas, stickblender, spoons and all the bits and pieces of soapsupplies that isn`t taking a lot of space pr. item, but gets jumbled up real bad when I put tham ALL together.

I have already a dedicated space for this now - brace yourselves and don`t get to jealous - A really elegant, huge, super posh plastic bucket, (with lid mind you)
*insert huge doses of sarcasm here*

Yes, it keeps my stash of 3.09829486739856 of silicone spatulas, spoons, gloves and safetygear safe from getting dusty etc. So I have all those in one place, and all my oils & lye stored the same way in another bucket, with a lid to prevent moisture etc.
But it is round, it is so incredibly round. That is a shape that is really impractical for me as I have to store it all in a corner under my kitchen table.

Have checked Ikea here in Norway, but nothing really fits. Will keep looking, but how awesome would it not be if someone out there adds stuff like this thread is mentioning, to their stash of available soapsupplies??

Are you listening, internet? : D

Ahem...

I reeeeeeeeeeeally hope some soapsupplier(s) out there is listening in on this conversation, and take really good notes! *grin*

I am a lookout for a small storage unit that can hold my spatulas, stickblender, spoons and all the bits and pieces of soapsupplies that isn`t taking a lot of space pr. item, but gets jumbled up real bad when I put tham ALL together.

I have already a dedicated space for this now - brace yourselves and don`t get to jealous - A really elegant, huge, super posh plastic bucket, (with lid mind you)

Yes, it keeps my stash of 3.09829486739856 of silicone spatulas, spoons, gloves and safetygear safe from getting dusty etc. So I have all those in one place, and all my oils & lye stored the same way in another bucket, with a lid to prevent moisture etc.
But it is round, it is so incredibly round. That is a shape that is really impractical for me as I have to store it all in a corner under my kitchen table.

I don't buy them anymore, but I still have square plastic buckets with lids that once held laundry detergent. Not any prettier than the round plastic buckets, but they do fit better in corners.

I am always on the lookout for things that can be repurposed, especially if it is packaging for a product I normally would purchase. Second hand stores are good for this, too, but that can be as much a crap shoot as searching the Internet for what I want.

Oh man I wanted to add: Supplies for making your own molds. Not just the impression silly puttyish stuff for making single embeds, I want to be able to just grab stuff I know is good for making loaf and slab molds.

This isn't much more fancy than a bucket, but I use this portable file container :)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-EZ-Carry-Large-Show-Offs-Storage-Container-Clear/48194361

Ahem...

Have checked Ikea here in Norway, but nothing really fits. Will keep looking, but how awesome would it not be if someone out there adds stuff like this thread is mentioning, to their stash of available soapsupplies??

Are you listening, internet? : D

This isn't much more fancy than a bucket, but I use this portable file container :)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-EZ-Carry-Large-Show-Offs-Storage-Container-Clear/48194361

Better than the round ones I have, I liked those. Can`t order them though, live in Norway, heh :p
I`ll just have to keep looking. I can of course get a hold of different plastic containers here, but the issue is that they are either way to small, way to big, has no lid or are to bulky and long instead of square and tall.

Back