Product help please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janzo

Reaction score
I have various products in my cupboard and I am not sure what to use them for. I have googled them but to be honest would much prefer to hear from experienced hands on soapers etc who will make it a lot clearer for me.

Products are:-

Cocomidopropyl Betaine
Isopropyl Palmitate
Solubiliser
Olivem 300

Thank you for any suggestions and help you can give me.

I moved this over here as it is a more general topic than to do with soap making - Olivem 300, for example, seems to have more uses in other B&B products than in soaps. But as to what you have open to you, I will that to those who have actually used them

Cocomidopropyl betaine is a surfactant - which could be used in shampoo, showed gel, bubble bath etc. It does need to be used with other surfactants though to produce a good stable lather, e.g. cocomidopropyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, SLS.

I've never used olivem 300 - a quick search suggests you could use it in a surfactant system to boost foaming and increase viscosity or as a coemulsifier in a lotion (with other emulsifiers). I've only ever used olivem 1000 as it can be used as a single emulsifier which is much easier!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use cocomidopropyl betaine along with SLSA in bubble bars and bubble scoops. I've never uses the other items you have listed so no help there. I'm sure others will pop in with advice.

Janzo, no help here, but I have bunch of little packets of things I ordered at some point and have no idea of what they are or what I had in mind when I ordered them! But can't throw them out because, you know, I might want/need them some day ....

Thank you so much everyone for helping me with this, I love this forum and the assistance you all give freely. Two more questions if you don't mind ......

I bought Almond oil, when I received it, it was labeled EV almond oil, is this different to Sweet Almond Oil and is actually Almond oil, and would this be good in soap. Sorry that was 2 questions. I have another....

What are bubble bars, I see Shunt mentioned them. Are they just a solid form of bubble bath that melt and foam in the bath?

Ok I' done!! Thank you

Yes, bubble bars are solid bubble bath. The intent is that they get crumbled under the running water from the faucet to get them to start bubbling and foaming.

Back