Problem With KD 7000 Scale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little over a year ago I purchased a KD 7000 scale which should have a max weight of 7000gms/15lbs 7oz. I increased a batch size a couple of days ago and realized my scale only goes to 3499gms. When it hits 3500 it shows ---- in the display window and beeps. Basically it's only going to half the advertised measurements. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the solution? I changed the auto-off setting to zero so it never shuts off but that's the only thing I did. I can't see that changing the max allowed weight, right?

I contacted the company I bought it from and they suggested I contact the manufacturerer, which I did. They only have a physical address and email contact so I can't call them. Luckily the US office is located in my state so if I have to exchange it I can.

TIA for any suggestions!

I have the same scale, and just checked it. Mine does go to 15+ lbs. Try reseating the tray - maybe it's not on properly. Maybe also try recalibrating it, and replacing the batteries.

If you are putting a 3.5kg pot on there and then taring, the scale is indeed hitting the 7kg limit. Our medium sized stainless pot in the kitchen is 1.5kg on its own!

I might be blonde and certainly have those moments but luckily this isn't one of those times, lol. I put a large pot on the scale and kept adding items until it gave me the overload display and beep. No taring in between. I was planning to make an 8lb/4000gm batch of soap so decided to test the scale to make sure I could weigh it all in the pot. That's when I discovered the max was 3499gms.

I have the same scale, and just checked it. Mine does go to 15+ lbs. Try reseating the tray - maybe it's not on properly. Maybe also try recalibrating it, and replacing the batteries.

Thanks Muskette! Batteries changed & tray reseated, still only goes to 3499. The instruction manual says I need a 5kg weight to calibrate, which I don't have. I'm sure this has to be an exact 5kg so not something I can or should put together myself. Also, I don't have a scale that will weigh up to 5kg, lol! Hopefully I'll hear back from My Weigh on Monday.

Thanks Muskette and TEG for your suggestions! :)

Latest posts

Back