I've been soaping on and off for years now and decided to try Castile soap this time. I did some research to get a good recipe and tips for success but I'm pretty sure I still failed as my bar has not hardened and it's been about 20 hours since I poured it into the mould. =P My recipe was 100% extra virgin olive oil (from grocery store) 52,58 g NaOH (45% lye concentration) 64,30 g water Rosemary EO Lavender EO 3% superfat I used soapcalc for the calculations and I had 400 g of OO so total batch size was about 517 grams. I did this in chemistry lab so I can reliable weigh with 2 decimals. I'm sure it's not necessary but the recipe said that so I did exactly what it wanted. x) I made my lye solution and let it cool down to 50 degrees Celsius and heated my oil to the same temperature. Added good splash of EOs (I didn't weigh them, something like 20 drops of each) and then mixed lye with oils. I used stick mixer in bursts and then used it like a spoon to save the motor in between. It took me probably 20-30 minutes to get even close to trace and at that point I had heated two stick mixers and lost my patients so I stop there and poured it into a mould. The mix was just starting to thicken and I could see a faint pattern when I lifted the stick mixer from the soap. I hoped I'd achieved trace but as the soap is still more like thick curd rather than solid I think I did something wrong. It was on the table over night if that makes a difference.