Printer recommendations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
I am looking to get a printer to print my own labels, but I want vivid, clean color.

Any suggestions?

I have the Brother MFC-885CW and its a few years old already but I love it. It pretty much does everything, prints very nice and sharp, fax, scans, even has a phone and it can be used wireless which is my favorite feature. The price was very reasonable. Until I got this printer I was an HP snob and would use nothing else. This printer changed my mind. Haven't had a days problems with it yet. Since it's so old by tech standards they probably have an updated version by now...

Do not know what type to suggest because I prefer color laser printers. I will mention if you use win 10 or will be in the near future make sure the printer is compatible. My older color laser is, but my even older (2004) Samsung black and white laser is compatible. Go figure.

I had nothing but trouble with my color laser printer. I use cheap HP printers and use the "Best" option when printing labels.

I work with inkjet printers for a living, so I won't give specific recommendations. You do not say what, exactly you want to label, but if you're planning on the packaging having any longevity in a bathroom/cosmetic environment, I recommend that you search for printers that specifically say the ink is water resistant. Many inks are not, and the colors will run immediately if exposed to moisture.

I purchased a laser printer and it's given me nothing but headaches. I can't get the labels to line up for the life of me. I've been trying for well over a year. So, there it sits, I use my inkjet except on my waterproof labels that I purchased for my laser that won't work on my inkjet. So disappointed.

I use my humble but reliable HP Photosmart inkjet that I've had for about 3 or 4 years now, and I 'waterproof' my printed labels with either self-stick laminating sheets, craft-sealant spray, or a product called JudiKin's Micro-Glaze, depending. The printer prints off great-looking labels for me, and it prints sharp-looking photos, too- but I should mention I don't sell my wares, so I'm not exactly needing to print off thousands of labels or anything- although it does get a sizeable workout around Christmas-time. lol

IrishLass :)

I use permanent labels with either clear acrylic spray coating or micro glaze. This has worked well for me.

Back