Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Box_Coop

Reaction score
We have partnered with Soap Equipment to create a line of stock, printed boxes designed specifically to fit their soap molds. Printed on the same high-quality paper we use for our custom box packaging, these boxes are printed in soft colors with subtle, repeating patterns designed to blend in with your labels. We also added a soft touch matte coating to the box, a finish typically seen on higher-end product packaging. Our stock soap boxes increase your soaps perceived value by implying a quality, luxurious product resides within. These boxes are very economical, and retail ready – you just load and go!

This program is new and constantly evolving. Our boxes currently fit a 2” x 1” x 3” soap bar. While the selection is limited right now, we will be creating larger boxes designed to fit bigger molds shortly, but we need your feedback on sizes, colors, styles, and if possible, particular molds, to determine where we go next. We can also supply labels to match these boxes – just ask us!

We are looking for someone who can reach out to the soaping community as a Box Co-op representative to provide samples and gather information regarding trends, interests, and concerns in the community. In return we will provide soap packaging for your soaps. Please let us know if you’re interested.

We’re looking to create stock soap boxes that fit the most used soap molds in the community. The Box Co-op has already partnered up with Soap Equipment to begin creating these mold specific boxes. BUT… we want to hear from you!

What molds do you use?
How many have you collected over the years?
Hands down which is your favorite?
Do you pick molds based on their cavity size, brand, or design?
What other molds should we look into targeting?

This is a new program we plan on rolling out so there are lots of kinks we’re working through. Your feedback is imperative to helping us settle this dust so we can launch!

STE horizontal.jpg STE vertical.jpg

Last edited:
I have not and possibly never will use a mold from Soap Equipment. Most of them are too big for a hobbyist such as myself, and they seem on the pricey side to me. So I won't be much help to you when it comes to targeting soapers who use their molds.

But I am wondering why target the molds, per se, and not target the size of the cut soap? I think you will get more responses if you ask what cut soap sizes people would buy boxes for. There are some threads here at SMF where people talk about their preferred cut soap sizes and that might be a place to start. Or you could ask what size boxes people would want. I have used some pre-made boxes myself, but find the size limit too restrictive and prefer to make my own packaging because of that.

However, the soapers here who actually sell (I don't) would probably be a better resource when looking for what finished size soaps they would buy boxes for.

To answer some of your other questions:

What molds do you use? - I use a variety of molds of varying shapes and sizes.
How many have you collected over the years? - Unknown - At least 25
Hands down which is your favorite? - I don't have a favorite.
Do you pick molds based on their cavity size, brand, or design? - Design 1st, cavity size second.
What other molds should we look into targeting? - Round (many people like round soaps), Heart-shaped soap (maybe a square box with a heart cut-out), Cube shapes

What molds do you use? - Have a variety from wood to silicone/silicone lined to plastic that need lining
How many have you collected over the years? - at least 30
Hands down which is your favorite? silicone lined
Do you pick molds based on their cavity size, brand, or design? I make a bar that is 1 x 2.5 x 3.5 so I use molds to make that bar size
What other molds should we look into targeting? I use a box that is just a bit larger than my soap (see above) and it has a cut out. A cut out is important so folks can see the soap and have an open area for a test sniff.

But as Earlene said above - it's more about the bar than the mold, no?

@Box_Coop You need to do a few BOX sizes so that people can figure out what THEIR soaps fits.

Below is the size box that I need. If you want to send me a couple samples of this size I can tell you how well they work for me.

I could use a box that is 1.25" thick (width), x 2.5 or 2.7" (height) and 3.25 to 3.5 " length.
This is the size that I just bought at WSP : Height: 2.5" Length: 3.5" Width: 1.25" cut out at upper front.

Everyone has different size soaps depending on the cutter they use.

2 large cutters for us that sell are a 1" and 1.25" thick cut.
I use the 1.25" cut.

If you want to PM me that is fine too

FYI, put a price range on your website.
That alone (no prices) turns me off completely and that fact I have to send in for a quote is almost a no go for me also.
I did put in for the quote. Will see how long it takes for them to get back to me

Last edited by a moderator:
My soaps are approx. 1.25 thick, 3.25 wide and 2.75 tall and are the only size I make 99% of the time. I would be more interested in little boxes that will fit little flowers approx 1.6" x 1.7" x 1”. which I pour for some markets to give as little gifts. Again price comes into play when these are giveaways.

I do sell but honestly do not and would not use preprinted boxes, due to the expense since I sell at outdoor markets. When I first started selling I did use boxes and they just became to shop worn in a short time due to packing and unpacking 3.-4 times a week with a selection of min 49 soaps. If I were wholesaling to a shop I would consider boxes but then again the question of price comes into play when I would be selling my soaps for less money. Sorry that was a little OT, but I did answer size.

I do agree with Lin, put up a price range. I never fill in apps for quotes since I am just a wee tiny business I find it an unnecessary nuisance.

LOL I get it.
Price is a huge player. I just bought a huge amount for $0.09 each from WSP

So I got a response back already. Saying they tried to call and that they had a few ?'s to ask.
Sorry, I asked for a certain size box and just Kraft coloring.
What is so hard about that ?

No, don't call me, just give the quote plz :rolleyes:
And yes that is what I told them.

BTW, the telephone you HAVE to put in. 555-555-5555. You would have thought they would know it was not a real number
o_O

Ok so I got a return email. They say they NEED to ask all sorts of questions about what I am looking for.

What the heck is the point of a quote if you are making me call and chat about a BOX ???!
Now they want Specs, I gave you the box dimensions and you said on the page that it needed to be like 1200 min. So ....... :rolleyes:

Sorry @Box_Coop I think you won't be getting much biz from small time soap makers. I don't have to to go through hoops

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the original post again. I don't think they're trying to sell boxes yet - it sounds like they are trying to find the most common bar sizes in order to develop new sizes/styles of boxes that would be manufactured in the future. They're asking for help - a go between to help educate them in soaper's needs regarding boxes.

No actually if you go to their web site they have a spot to put in the size box you want and type to get a quote.
Which is what I did. If they needed all those ?'s then they should ask them up front.

upload_2019-4-18_16-19-31.png

I know it seems like a pain, but as part of my job I actually have to get box quotes. A lot of these boxes are cut with a die - a ceramic or metal roller or plate with a design in it. Sort of like a cookie cutter. But expensive. So they have to design the shape of the box die and then quote a price for the die itself.

I think they are trying to come up with some stock items.

My bars are 2.5 x 3.5 x 1.25, almost without exception. I also make 3" round, and some in individual cavity molds.
What molds do you use? Wood molds with silicone liners, individual cavity molds
How many have you collected over the years? I have 11 loaf/slab molds, and many individual cavity molds (which aren't used often)
Hands down which is your favorite? Wood mold with silicone liner - my favorites are from Nurture Soap supplies
Do you pick molds based on their cavity size, brand, or design? Size
What other molds should we look into targeting? A 3x3 square box for round soaps

A window is important to me as well. Actually, the soap boxes at Wholesale Supplies Plus are pretty perfect for my needs. I am a hobbyist so I most likely wouldn't be purchasing in quantities over 100.

Yes - I agree with dixiedragon that they are trying to figure out what stock items they want to carry.

No actually if you go to their web site they have a spot to put in the size box you want and type to get a quote.
Which is what I did. If they needed all those ?'s then they should ask them up front.

View attachment 38442

Yes, you can buy boxes. But my point is - they are working on product development and still doing market research.
(I called them; they're local to me). You have to read their post carefully because it's not well composed.

They want to hear what small time soapers want, and want to be able to provide affordable boxes in the smaller quantities that cottage industry needs.
They're aware that many want non-plastic packaging, but that shrink wrap is cheap.

They use recyclable cardboard and ink. If you have an opinion - they'll listen. I spend 15 minutes on the phone with them. I can also pick up samples of their work.

Sure I get that. But if you just base on their website and you punch in the size and just want a quote.
That is not what I wanted... based off the screenshot I gave. Seemed simple enough, I stated the size and a message saying just kraft paper nothing else.

They have a lot of types of things listed. Most people are 'Now' people they want to see the info right off the bat. I was willing to punch in info to get a quote. But as always, places that do this, and REQUIRE a phone #, always seems to want more info instead of just sending a quote.

Personally I am the same when say looking at Soap that others sell. If you don't state the OZ either in the pic or on the written description I feel like I am being deceived . Would you buy a soda for $3 only to find out it is only 3 oz when you get it?

I know it sounds like I am nit picking but many 'small biz owners' don't have time to be on and off the phone, internet or emails looking for supplies. I don't care if you have the best product out there, if I have to jump through 10 hoops to get there I will just buy the next best thing that I can order and sent with only 2 hoops to go through. My time is worth money

We have partnered with Soap Equipment to create a line of stock, printed boxes designed specifically to fit their soap molds. Printed on the same high-quality paper we use for our custom box packaging, these boxes are printed in soft colors with subtle, repeating patterns designed to blend in with your labels. We also added a soft touch matte coating to the box, a finish typically seen on higher-end product packaging. Our stock soap boxes increase your soaps perceived value by implying a quality, luxurious product resides within. These boxes are very economical, and retail ready – you just load and go!

This program is new and constantly evolving. Our boxes currently fit a 2” x 1” x 3” soap bar. While the selection is limited right now, we will be creating larger boxes designed to fit bigger molds shortly, but we need your feedback on sizes, colors, styles, and if possible, particular molds, to determine where we go next. We can also supply labels to match these boxes – just ask us!

We are looking for someone who can reach out to the soaping community as a Box Co-op representative to provide samples and gather information regarding trends, interests, and concerns in the community. In return we will provide soap packaging for your soaps. Please let us know if you’re interested.

We’re looking to create stock soap boxes that fit the most used soap molds in the community. The Box Co-op has already partnered up with Soap Equipment to begin creating these mold specific boxes. BUT… we want to hear from you!

What molds do you use?
How many have you collected over the years?
Hands down which is your favorite?
Do you pick molds based on their cavity size, brand, or design?
What other molds should we look into targeting?

This is a new program we plan on rolling out so there are lots of kinks we’re working through. Your feedback is imperative to helping us settle this dust so we can launch!

View attachment 37669 View attachment 37670
currently I use silicone molds from Bulk Apothecary. They I believe are 3.5*2.25*1. I would look into those as other companies source them as well and they are very cheap vs the soap equipment company.

Latest posts

Back