Print photos with captions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Totally non soap related. My mom has been working for the last few years on a project to digitize, label and organize literally 100 years of family photos. Her grandmother was born in 1916 and we have pics of her as a baby so, yes, literally.

Do any of these photo printing services let you add captions that are printed on the photo? I would love to be able to label the pics that way - "Jane Smith, January 1923."

I don’t know about that but I use mixbook to make my yearly albums. You would just have to scan the photos in and then you could drag and drop them and add whatever info you wanted. I figured it out and it works out to be about the same cost as doing a traditional scrap book (book, pages, paper, prints, etc) and usually you can buy these on sale for 40% off. It is free to make them, you can invite contributors (so your whole family could help, or add photos) publish it so everyone in your family can buy their own copy. And honestly what I love the best it is all backed up online. You don’t have to worry about something happening and the photos disappearing. I promise they don’t pay me anything I just really like this site (can you tell?).

Do you mean that you want software to add captions yourself to digital photos?
Thats easy - lots of programs will. Picmonkey is a free on-line photo editor that can do that. Here is a link to 8 more browser based photo editors.
Paint.net is free, and pretty intuitive. IrfanView is useful as well (I love that it will batch convert things)
Gimp is a free equivalent to PhotoShop

Last edited:
What I would like is a site that I can upload the photos to, add a caption if I choose, then order the prints and they will print them and mail them to me, and the caption will be on the print.

What I would like is a site that I can upload the photos to, add a caption if I choose, then order the prints and they will print them and mail them to me, and the caption will be on the print.

Definitely use picmonkey. Click here : www.picmonkey.com

It is free, start by hitting edit and uploading the picture. You will have many options from adding text to cropping to changing bad exposer. Good luck.

Oh I don't know if picmonkey prints the pictures for you. But you could save them to a thumb drive and take it to staples.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back