Pringles cans may be reused

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfloweracres

Reaction score
I never buy Pringles, to much salt, but went out and bought a can of them to use as a mold for shampoo bars. I was hoping it could be used more than once because I have heard you need to peel the can off to get the soap out. So I lined it with waxed paper, cut a circle for the bottom and it worked.

The next morning I had to cut the top ring off and pound like crazy but the soap came out great. Now I won't have to buy more Pringles, yeah! :)

Here is an update on making round shampoo bars.
The second time around I had to give up and peel the Pringles can off. But I looked through all our cabinets and found some round bread crumb containers, similar to Pringles cans but a bit larger in diameter. They worked great also. I am on the second time around on one of them. Round Salt boxes lined with waxed paper should work too.

SHAMPOO.BAR.CHAMOMILE.3.DISKS.BEST.PIC.400.346.JPG

Last edited:
BubblyRose said:
Thanks for the info. I guess that I can give in to my daughter's demand for Pringles at least once a month. :wink:
You're welcome, I didn't mean to encourage a bad diet even though kids love them. :roll:
I still have not gotten through most the chips I took out, but I hate to waste anything.

Here is an update on the second batch in the same can. Ok, they can be used only twice. The second batch of shampoo bars would not come out as easily even after setting it outside to freeze, thawing it out, pounding on the floor, hitting the bottom with a hammer, and cutting the bottom off and pushing the top with a can. I gave up and tore it off!

deg195 said:
These look great...I have been wanting to try them (circle soaps, not pringles lol). good job
Funny! Thank you, they look better than the picture. It was cloudy that day and I was freezing out on the porch trying to get a good pic. lol

Try it! Be sure to tap the can on a hard surface as you fill it so there are no air spaces, being careful not to splatter, especially if it is cp. Maybe put the lid back on for a minute to tap it when you get to the top? These were hp crock pot method with 1 t. sugar added to lye/water, and the water was increased about 3% as suggested by DragonqueenHHP. It makes hp soap more smooth and easy to work with.

I had a little left over, so I made 3 pretty round bars in recycled small plastic Swans ice cream sundae cups that a guy at work saves for me.

Latest posts

Back