Pricing Gift Packages

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Ok, If I am making gift packages..

2 soaps and a body whip..

or

3 soap set

etc..

Do I take the price per item and add them?

And add the "extra" packaging.. (i.e. fancy box etc)

Thanks!

I think I got it lol..

I added up the retail price of the items and took like a 1.00 off..

I will add like a cute like package or box to it..

*sigh* I hate this side of the business.. but its a must.

I cherge for the items & thrown in the basket, shreds, bow, etc. That is their free gift for making a multi piece purchase. I look at it like a buy 3 get 1 free deal where the free item is the wrap.

I was wondering about this as well of course because xmas is coming around. People think I'm nuts because i'm planning and ordering items now! I was thinking of doing a tote bag but more like a toggle bag. It ties up at the top and I can pretty much add 2 votives, body spray, soap, etc. So thank you guys cause now I have a better idea concerning pricing!

Tabitha said:
I cherge for the items & thrown in the basket, shreds, bow, etc. That is their free gift for making a multi piece purchase. I look at it like a buy 3 get 1 free deal where the free item is the wrap.

I used to do it this way too. Not anymore. I need to pay myself for the making of the basket.

Irena

I have an adequet profit margin built in to my items so free basket supplies is the equivalent to nothing more than "Take 10% off your Holiday purchase when you buy 5 or more items". It works well for me. You just need to make sure if you run a seperetae sale you post "gif baskets not included in this sale.
"
ALSO if you buy your basket supplies the day after Christmas you pay almost nothing for them I bought REALLY nice nesting boxes that were priced $2.00ea for 20cents. The hard part is having to wait a whole year to use them!

Back