Pricing for Lip Balms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBB

Reaction score
Can you tell me how much you are selling your lip balms for? I am new to this and just made my first batch. It consisted of sweet almond oil infused with calendula, beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, sweetner and flavoring. Any guidance is appreciated. I have someone that is potentially wanting me to make 100 lip balms w/ label for a wedding.

Mine sell for $3 each or 2 for $5. That being said, I'm in a location where I can't charge a premium or I couldn't sell anything.

Last edited:
What's the market rate foir handmade lip balms in your area? I would start there bc different areas will have different prices. Also, I'm not sure if there is a formula for lip balm pricing similar to soap (eg 4x the cost).

I sell mine for 2.50 or 3 for 6. They are pretty inexpensive and easy to make and make for a last minute add on for customers buying other products.

Thanks everyone. I plan to visit the local farmers market this weekend to see what's out there. I figure I have approximately $0.60 per tube in making it, not including my time.

Latest posts

Back