price of lavender 40/42 sky rocket

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rszuba

Reaction score
has anyone ordered this lately . i know that last year was a bad crop year but it kills me to pay much. where have you found it lately resonably priced . thanks to all who respond

Last edited:
thank you, shocked that wsp it is 74.25 for 16oz.. that is my usual place since it ships free and fast

Well $74.25 sounds pretty right for a pound of it, honestly.
Although I think I saw lavender for sale over at Essential Depot.

Also, I don't know how you feel about Camden Grey, but their Lavender 40/42 is $34/lb

oh thanks, i have never ordered from camden gray that is a huge price diff. i will try them

I just ordered from Camden Gray, at $2.39 an ounce. It's a $1.80/oz from Ebay, seller "easy-pleesy" (if you order enough).

I just ordered from Camden Gray, at $2.39 an ounce. It's a $1.80/oz from Ebay, seller "easy-pleesy" (if you order enough).

Both of the above are my go-to suppliers. Have been really, really happy with both. My favorite lavender ever is from Easy-Pleesy. Prices are excellent from both.

After my bottle of Lavender EO is gone, that's it. If I sold soaps I would want at least $6 each but people might be reluctant to pay that much for a 4-5 oz bar. Although that is not asking too much when a soap at a health store or beauty counter would probably be around $10 or more. My recipe is conservative with olive and shea butter being the only expensive oils but still. You add an expensive essent oil and plus its handmade and I don't know if I could ever be paid what the soap is worth. I'm mixing it with a small amount of Rosemary just to stretch it a little.

After my bottle of Lavender EO is gone, that's it. If I sold soaps I would want at least $6 each but people might be reluctant to pay that much for a 4-5 oz bar. Although that is not asking too much when a soap at a health store or beauty counter would probably be around $10 or more. My recipe is conservative with olive and shea butter being the only expensive oils but still. You add an expensive essent oil and plus its handmade and I don't know if I could ever be paid what the soap is worth. I'm mixing it with a small amount of Rosemary just to stretch it a little.

I hear ya. I'm going the donation angle, because that's where all the money is going anyway. We're asking $8 a bar for a good cause. We're going to package four, 5 oz bars together for $25 ish.

That way, you're not just buying soap.

yes, i was wondering if anyone planned on raising their prices due to supplies being more... and i'm not sure i follow the donation for 8.00...

yes, i was wondering if anyone planned on raising their prices due to supplies being more... and i'm not sure i follow the donation for 8.00...

We're moving to the Philippines and we are going to adopt abandoned children there.

For soap, you could try lavandin grosso which is cheaper than 40/42.

I have always gotten good quality from Camden Grey. I have heard that the quality of Essential Depot's EO/FO is not the best although they are my "go to" supplier for lye.

Latest posts

Back