price increase at WSP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmyW said:
carebear said:
An interesting thread running over at the Dish. Read it, if you belong.

I do now, just cause I was curious lol. Wonder how WSP stays in business with SO many disgruntled customers. Or maybe they're having trouble and trying very, very, poorly, to fix it.

I believe they are scrambling to keep the business afloat and just don't have any idea how to do it. Their fixes just make things worse and worse. I feel bad for them - being scared is a terrible thing. They could sure use some guidance, but it may have gone too far at this point.

The emails from them I've read and seen are downright obnoxious and aggressive - but as I said, they may just be scared and scared people can be very obnoxious. So I don't take personal offense, but I do take my business elsewhere.

I feel for them, but not enough to shop there.

I agree.

They have guidance but they refuse to listen (to their customer's input, I know even I spoke briefly with Debbie on facebook - she was not the least bit interested in what I had to say (that US customers won't like paying for shipping to Canada), and not at all glad to see feedback from anyone - so I can't feel too bad for them. Their downfall (if it happens) will be their own fault.

I found this on their facebook page - irony, much?

Wholesale Supplies Plus
Whether you run a business locally or on a global scale, how you present your products and services to the business community at large says a lot about your personal integrity and the integrity of your business.

Maintaining Business Integrity - DebbieMay.com

AmyW said:
I agree.

They have guidance but they refuse to listen (to their customer's input, I know even I spoke briefly with Debbie on facebook - she was not the least bit interested in what I had to say (that US customers won't like paying for shipping to Canada), and not at all glad to see feedback from anyone - so I can't feel too bad for them. Their downfall (if it happens) will be their own fault.

Completely agree. They know exactly what the problems are. They know exactly how to fix it. And they have chosen to go the opposite way. I think it's hilarious that they have time to troll the dish.

They deleted comments from people on their Facebook that they didn't like and blocked them. I got frustrated; free shipping and pay higher prices, free shipping on very limited number of items and if you added anything else that wasn't free shipping, you paid shipping anyway. Or lower prices and higher shipping. Make up your mind! I haven't shopped there for a while because I can get the same items for less with other vendors.

llineb said:
My top seller in body butter is Vanilla Bean Noel...love it!!!!! Hope I have enough to make it until they change their prices again...hopefully in our favor but doubt it...I also LOVE their Sugared Spruce for Christmas Lotion Bars but am out of this one. :cry:

I've heard wonderful things about Sugared Spruce and wanted to try it but I don't know if I want to pay that much. It would have to absolutely amazing for me to justify spending the money. However, I have to buy the VBN because my sister likes it in lotion and spray. I should mention I use it, too.

I was going to say since I had just bought some VBN a little while ago that I wouldn't be needing more for a long time. But if WSP is going out of business, I'll have to scrape up some money and stock up.

ikindred said:
What is the DISH and what is NG?

The 'Dish' is the Soapdish forum, and 'NG' is Nature's Garden (a B&B vendor). :)

Hazel, Sugared Spruce is a favorite amongst my family and friends (and I like it, too :wink: ). I just replenished my stock on that one plus 4 others of my must-haves from WSP over the weekend.

I think someone else sells a FO that smells just like Sugared Spruce, but it's called something else. I just can't remember who the vendor was/is, though. All I can remember is someone posting about it somewhere....... but I can't remember what forum it was! Grr! I need to write these things down in a reference notebook when I come upon them. That's what happens when you visit too many soaping forums. :lol:

I just wish they didn't have so many FO's that I've come to rely on and that my family and friends love, because if things get any more wild, I may have to look elsewhere.

IrishLass

Finally got a chance to read through almost all the dish WSP posts and #87 (page 4) in particular cinches it for me.

I'll buy from them when they have their 70% off going out of business sale.

AmyW said:
Finally got a chance to read through almost all the dish WSP posts and #87 (page 4) in particular cinches it for me.

Isn't that crazy? :roll:

IrishLass -

If you do remember, please let me know because I'd love to try it. After reading the thread, I'm even more unwilling to give any money to a certain supplier. However, I might buy just to get a few FOs to stock up just in case.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Hazel said:
AmyW said:

Isn't that crazy? :roll:

I look at Anne Marie at BB and Debbie at WSP and it's like, here are the poster children for what to do RIGHT (BB) and what to do WRONG (WSP).

I adore BB. Anne Marie strikes me as a very hardworking, generous woman who genuinely loves her company and her customers. I like buying from BB.

Debbie strikes me as being in business for the money. Maybe she didn't start out that way, maybe she acts all crazy because like carebear said, she's scared, but I don't particularly care. Her business practices are wacked and after reading the dish post, it looks like I can get everything I need elsewhere.

Except maybe the Cranberry Orange FO for my sister, but she'll survive. I just made her 20 bars (plus another 8 of her peppermint oatmeal and a ton of others I'll be leaving with her), I'll tell her to make it last ;)

Hazel said:
AmyW said:
IrishLass -

If you do remember, please let me know because I'd love to try it. After reading the thread, I'm even more unwilling to give any money to a certain supplier. However, I might buy just to get a few FOs to stock up just in case.

Aha! I found it! I read it on the ScentReviewBoard under the "Fragrances That Smell The Same- at least to our noses anyway" header. Somebody wrote in the thread that that WSP's Sugared Spruce smells just like Santa's Spruce from Brambleberry. I might just have to order a sample from Brambleberry to see for myself.

IrishLass :)

AmyW said:
Debbie strikes me as being in business for the money.
My last comment on this topic is that there's nothing wrong with being in business for money. It's kinda the definition. I'm in business for money.

IrishLass said:
Hazel said:
AmyW said:
IrishLass -

Aha! I found it! I read it on the ScentReviewBoard under the "Fragrances That Smell The Same- at least to our noses anyway" header. Somebody wrote in the thread that that WSP's Sugared Spruce smells just like Santa's Spruce from Brambleberry. I might just have to order a sample from Brambleberry to see for myself.

Fabulous find! Thanks for that!!!!

BTW..I feel much better after reading your posts...thought it was just me!

I will say that I am a loyalist...treat me fair and you have me forever(even with a price increase...that's fair or justifiable).
I am happy getting my FO's from BB. I have never bought a scent from there I haven't loved and their service has always been consistent and fair!

Tabitha...Thank you for the heads up on the bulk M&P. I'm ordering the Tres Leches and ultra clear...any other bases from there you like?

carebear said:
AmyW said:
Debbie strikes me as being in business for the money.
My last comment on this topic is that there's nothing wrong with being in business for money. It's kinda the definition. I'm in business for money.

Sorry carebear, I should have worded it better because that's not really what I meant. It's more to do with her not seeming to enjoy her work on her company. The face she puts on for WSP makes it look like it isn't customer oriented, it's money oriented... that she doesn't care what the customers think, just give her money.

I am getting nervous reading this thread now. Is it mainly there policy and price changes that everyone is having a problem with? Do they still ship in a timely manor. I ordered from them for the first time on Saturday. I placed a large order (for me at least) with them over BB partly because it was slightly cheaper, but mostly because I was in a hurry and I thought that they would get it to me faster since they are located pretty close to me. My order is still pending shipment. Do I have anything to be worried about?

No, you'll get it Sunny Side. WSP won't screw you over that way. Don't worry about that.

Their FO prices are crazy for the most part, I just put an order in, which I have not for a long time, but I needed some stuff, that BB didn't have....
But otherwise I don't understand why they would price their FO's so high??
I believe they would have more business, offering better prices, right?

IrishLass said:

Thanks so much! I've been trying to justify buying some mica from BB and this will give me a reason to place the order. My only complaint about BB is the shipping is so expensive for me. I hate paying more in shipping than the cost of the item. I generally try to order from closer suppliers. That's why I was a happy customer of WSP's for so many years. The shipping uaed to be so inexpensive. There's actually a couple of other FOs I've been wanting to get from BB. (Yes...weak willed. I am weak willed. :( )

I have never bought from WSP - my main suppliers are NG, Elements Bath & Body and Candles and Supplies. I did happen to check out WSP for the first time the other day and was SHOCKED :shock: to see the prices of FO's... I would never pay $8 - $10 for 2oz. I have been very happy with the FO's I get from other suppliers that I guess I don't know what I am missing and I won't try and find out either!

Latest posts

Back